Install Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD from PXE - Almost working

lupizzle23

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Portege M200(tabletPC) and want to install OSX on it. Unfortunately, it does not come with any optical drives. I don't want to buy an external DVD, so after some googling, I came up with this plan:

Setup TFTP/DHCP server on my other laptop(Vista home) with DVD in DVD-drive and set the TFTP server to boot from there.

Currently, the default TFTP server I'm using (tftpd32) is setting the bootfile to C:\tftp\boot\pxeboot.com. This launches into WinPE and gives me a command prompt. From this command prompt I can view the contents of the DVD but don't know how to boot from it once I can browse the directory.

I had originally thought I could set the tftpd32 bootfile to be something like "E:\kalywaybootfile" (where E = dvd drive letter), but I do not know which file to try to boot from on the DVD.

Two solutions that I can think of, but just don't know:

A) from WinPE command prompt with access to DVD drive, how launch autosetup or boot from this drive?

OR

from tftpd32, what file from the DVD should I set the bootfile to be so that PXE boots to the darwin prompt?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.