What options to pick to install OSX on Asus P5w DH Deluxe?

notsure2

1 post in this topic

Have been tracking the OSX86 project for quite a while now and think I'm finally ready to take the plunge and see if I can get everything working ok.

Ideally I want it to be as up to date as possible without installing fixes/patches, which build is likely to be my best bet?, I was thinking maybe the JAS version as it's version 10.5.4 which is newer than some of the other versions that are described as being the 'stable release' or would I be better off with the WiDeneb v1.1 10.5.4 version I just saw?

Need it to be as stable as possible with as little 'kexting' as possible.

Only problem is I have no idea which options I'd need to pick to install on my hardware, I'm thinking of the following hardware as I think it shouldn't involve any 'kexting', please advise if I'm wrong...

Asus p5w dh deluxe mb (will not be using lan, sound, wlan or esata),

Q6600 (so can easily run at 3.0ghz 1333mhz - board's max and chip is quite cheap)

Please let me know which options to tick...

I've had a guess (in red) that the p5w deluxe would want the following but as I have no idea what half these options are for (eg StageXNU, ACPIPS2NUB, Generic SATA drive icon fix, SMBIOS-1333 etc), I doubt I've picked all the right options, the ones in blue are another guess on possibly required?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/ad-d...54_options2.jpg

Would be really, really helpful if someone who is using an Asus P5w DH Deluxe could list exactly which options to pick from the above for this motherboard (have found a list anywhere by searching).

ps I have an Nvidia Quadro NVS285 as well (2 screens), I doubt it but would the NVcush work with it and would I get dual screen?

I guess OSX can use all 4 cores of the Q6600? Would be using it for Logic 8 which I believe was written to use 4 or even 8 cores?

Any help greatly appreciated.