Kalyway Question, (help)

flinxc

7 posts in this topic

I am curious wether there is a post on installing a purchased and legal version of leopard on a pc rather than downloading 1. - illgally and 2. - a very large file.

a simple yes or no towards if its posible and if yes then a link to elpfull posts.

Thanks for your time guys!

Flinxc :)

It is possible if you have a near mac system, basically with Intel Core2 CPU and Intel Chipset, such as mine. Any other combination is impossible. If you have that you can install using retail and Boot-132 CD. this CD ISO is quite small under 40 MB

Read all about it in this thread

What is the motherboard make and model. The basic kexts for the install depend on that. If it is a pure Intel CPU and Intel CHipset, the modified boot-132 iso has all the relevant kexts. The only assumption is your SATA disks are set to AHCI.

What is the motherboard make and model. The basic kexts for the install depend on that. If it is a pure Intel CPU and Intel CHipset, the modified boot-132 iso has all the relevant kexts. The only assumption is your SATA disks are set to AHCI.

Its actualy the dell latitude xt, ive read on other posts that its posible to do booting from a external device. Im planing on booting from a sd card and just sitting it in there when i want to boot mac. The chip set is the intel u7700 with an ati xpress 1250. The iso i got looking through the posts (looking for boot-132) was BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY.iso is this correct?

Thanks

intel u7700 is the CPU and ATI xpress 1250 is the display. What chipset does it use? are you sure it is Intel. If it has XP/Vista installed you can see in device manageer what chipset it is using. The ISO from Post#2 should work on your machine if it is intel based. Just boot and see the system profiler without installing if it sees most of the hardware and then you can decide to install or not