Kalyway install issue

disposable157

3 posts in this topic

Okay, so I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 onto my Vista PC. I've got vista installed on one hard drive, have formatted my second hard drive to Mac OS X Extended (journaled), customised the instillation so that the apropriate Kernal is installed and installed... There are no errors during the instillation and when it finishes, it says it was completed succesfully. Then I reboot.

Then one of two things happen. If I don't boot from my kalyway dvd, I boot straight into vista. If I do boot from the kalyway cd, I get the darwin bootloader but it shoves me straight back into the installer.

I am clearly doing something very, very stupid as no-one else on the entire internet seems to have this problem but any help would be really appreciated :censored2:

Motherboard: ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi P35 DDR2

CPU: Intel duel core 2.4 ghz

GPU: AMD 4870

MBR (master boot record) is "possessed" by Vista.

Use an external USB Drive to make a clean installation in it, it is a little bit slower but using "F8" you can chose to boot wherever you want without the problem you have now.

Thanks Oracle, got it working :)

Just in case anyone comes across the same issue - switching the boot priority of the hard drives sorted the problem nicely.

Stupid install then wouldn't get past the ethernet driver load in the first load of leopard but a re-install without the network drivers fixed that.

Thanks for your help, guys :)