Few Bits and Bobs

CrazyRach

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've just installed Leo4all (Don't know if this is the best choice) on my Acer 5920g. I've got the sound working, but I'm having a few other problems and I was wondering if anyone can help. I know the wireless/ethernet won't work at the moment on this laptop. However I was wondering if there was a way to get the webcam and the card reader working? I've had a look around but I can't seem to find much and I was wondering if I'd missed something.

Another problem is that when the laptop boots I get an error message which says something about laptopdisplay.kext. If you need the full error message I can get it, but I was wondering if it is simply just a question of downloading the kext and reinstalling it?

Any help getting my 5920g working fully would be appreciated as I am a total mac newb.

Regards,

Rachel

Hi you could try iUSBCam (Attached in post) this lets you use usb webcams in ichat photobooth ect. It may work with the internal webcam too its worth a try.

Out of interest what Wifi/Ethernet card does the laptop use windows or linux should tell you this. And i also have a card reader on my laptop and have found nothing anywhere about how to make it work so if you find a solution please message me i would be delighted to find one.

HypnoticCow

iUSBCam.zip