OSX hangs at blue screen on Acer Aspire 5601

eedd

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5601 that I'm trying to get to boot. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 using the default settings and I'm able to boot up to the blue screen that comes right after the apple logo. After that it just hangs and never gets to the login screen. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5601 that I'm trying to get to boot. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 using the default settings and I'm able to boot up to the blue screen that comes right after the apple logo. After that it just hangs and never gets to the login screen. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Video driver issue buddy,

The sticker on the computer says it has the intel graphics media accelerator 950, but windows hardware manager says it has the mobile intel 945gm display adapter. Are they the same thing, and if so which driver do I need? Thanks again.

I made some progress

I tried plugging my laptop into an external monitor and then I was able to see everything. I went through the intial setup (creating user account, etc.) and it seems to be working now as long as it's connected to an external monitor. When I boot up without it connected to an external monitor it just shows the blue screen again.

Is there a driver or a fix for this problem?

I also have the 5601, and I used Leo4all 10.5.2 and I am able to get into Leopard but the screen is flickering and moving around everytime I move the mouse or press a key.

It sounds to me like you should try pressing F8 at boot, and typing "cpus = 1" there. It sounds like a problem with it not being able to handle the two processor cores. That may not be it, I'm still a noob but that's what it sounds like to me.

Thanks, poopmonkey the GMA drivers fixed it, I should've figured that out. I'm not sure if there is a way to restart the 2 cores, but if you find a way let me know because I"m having the same problem. Mine is jumpy even with 1 core though so I'm wondering if it's something else.