gateway mx3215 broadcom driver

ajayaaa

5 posts in this topic

i had gateway mx 3215 on the back of my laptop shows IC: 4324A-BRCM1016

so i think my wireless card is broadcom 4324?

how do i install the driver?

i try http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51725 this method but it's not working??? i just downloaded the script and sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh

then reboot the pc? im wrong? not good in english...sorry

Guest BuildSmart
i had gateway mx 3215 on the back of my laptop shows IC: 4324A-BRCM1016

so i think my wireless card is broadcom 4324?

how do i install the driver?

i try http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51725 this method but it's not working??? i just downloaded the script and sudo ./bcm43xx_enabler.sh

then reboot the pc? im wrong? not good in english...sorry

This card should work OOB in 10.5.x provided it has the 14e4/4328 ID's, using the PCIUtils v3.0.0 in OS X (look in XLabs) you can see what is being used for product and vendor and subsystem ID's which would tell why it's not working.

In 10.4.x you need to run the 11n enabler to have the card recognized and be functional so you might wish to consider upgrading your OS if this is the case.

From what I can tell from HP (they own Gateway), this is the BCM4321 chipset and it is the same Broadcom card used by apple with different ID's so in 10.5 it should not require anything provided the ID's match.

• 4 months later...

So, after a week of lat nights, I've given up on this laptop. This is a windows-only laptop, even on linux this thing has more than it's share of troubles (though I have had everything working in the past).

I think that Gateway does something with their hardware, so that only the drivers from their website work. I even 'rebranded' the wireless card and tried other hacks. I think that when I did get it to recognize by messing with the Info.plist, the bootup halted at that stage so it didn't even matter. All my work was for not. The sound is messed up too, it seems that the hardware labels it as one chip and in actuality it is a different chip and nothing works right. You pretty much just have to run windows and get your drivers from Gateway's site if you want to run this laptop. ;)

Speaking of which, I have a cheap laptop for sale if anyone's interested.