still waiting for root device

lolec

4 posts in this topic

Hi, after kalyway dvd 10.5.2 tried kaly´s update combo pack. all i get is Still waiting for root device. also i get this message in yellow

Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI

ive fixed permissions but didnt work..

i can get 10.5.2 to work perfectly. maybe that combo update is not right for me, but i cant find a way of updating any information would be appreciated.

pd. ive searched like a crazy, i dont complain about lack of information, but theres so much information is impossible to find something. most search results are new threads about people complaining of answering the same thing 100000 times. or really old threads for 10.4.x that doesnt work for me.

pd2. i dont like posting for problems, realy hate it but im desperate

Tx in advance

ill try it now. Thanks for the fast answer I insert the link content for reference, if the other site disapears or something people could find this information useful.

Upgrade 10.5.1 to 10.5.2

1. Download the 10.5.2 Combo Update (search Google) 343MB
  2. Go to /System/Library/Extensions/
  3. Start Update
  4. When AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext apperars, move it to trash immediatly
  5. The install finishes, but do NOT click the restartbutton!
  6. Go to /System/InstallAtStartup/scripts/ and open the file 1 with a texteditor
  if you can’t access the folder	 
	  * rightclick > Get Info
	  * at the bottom of the window it says Sharing & Permission, unlock it and click the plusbutton
	  * Select your Username, press Select and change your permissions to read & write
  7. Find the string /System/Library/Extensions/Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext and replace it with /System/Library/Extensions/dsmos.kext
  8. Save the file and restart

Update 10.5.2 to 10.5.3

1. Download the 10.5.3 Combo Update (search Google) 536MB
  2. Repeat steps 2 to 8 from above

Update 10.5.3 to 10.5.4

Just start the Apple Softwareupdate, download and install the 10.5.4 update.

Now you should have running OS X 10.5.4!