Lockup during copying large files (USB/SATA/PATA) w/NFORCE

outboost

4 posts in this topic

Everything runs great on my system, Xbench provides smoking fast results as shown attached. Now when I try to copy large files of around a Gigabyte or more between my main HD (SATA or PATA, I tried both) and either another SATA, another PATA, or a USB HD, the system just locks up, everything is frozen, and the only way to fix this is with a hard reboot.

Anyone have any ideas on where to start to try and figure out what is causing this? I didn't see anything in console so I am just curious on where to start. Is anyone else having the same problem?

• 3 years later...
Everything runs great on my system, Xbench provides smoking fast results as shown attached. Now when I try to copy large files of around a Gigabyte or more between my main HD (SATA or PATA, I tried both) and either another SATA, another PATA, or a USB HD, the system just locks up, everything is frozen, and the only way to fix this is with a hard reboot.

Anyone have any ideas on where to start to try and figure out what is causing this?�I didn't see anything in console so I am just curious on where to start. Is anyone else having the same problem?

have u solved this?

i and lots of others have the same problem

<br />have u solved this?<br />i and lots of others have the same problem<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I ended up getting a Samsung 256GB and then upgraded to a Crucial 512GB drive - both flawless. My advice would be to sell that drive ASAP and go with a better model.

<br /><br /><br />

I ended up getting a Samsung 256GB and then upgraded to a Crucial 512GB drive - both flawless. My advice would be to sell that drive ASAP and go with a better model.

Never had these problems again? Because I have a 500GB Samsung... and Im still getting this shhhh for about 2 years... because of that I could never use osx86 as I need to.

Problem is also being discussed here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1770390