DO NOT BUY invisible shield

maclust

20 posts in this topic

Ok, i purchased a screen from protector for my ipod touch my nano and my psp, i ordered these products on july, 31st, with 2day shipping. never recieved them in the allocated time. called zagg on AUG. 11 and say'd they had problems confirming my payment, yet they took the money out of my account, so they siad they woudl ship it to me. recieved ups tracking number. 5days later no order called zagg again and said they would track the package and it would take 8 days,

I asked for a refund and told me i would have to wait till the track was done. I asked for them to just cross ship me my order with 2nd day shipping like i paid for and said they wouldn't but if i Paid for another order they would send me it over nite with out paying for shipping. i told them not until they gave me refund. called agian an they said that the race would be done to day and offered to send me another order with 5 day shipping even though i paid for 2nd day. and the still have not refunded me. so PLEASE DO NOT BUY FROM ZAGG

Invisible shield is useless anyways. Its all about the silicone cases.

Besides, its going to take ALOT more than the keys and/or box cutters and/or knives (lol) in your pocket to scratch the iPhone screen.

And Invisible Shield doesn't protect the iPhone from a fall. Fail.

i ordered mine 5 days ago for the ipod touch, i did the free shipping and surprisely i just got it today, i wasn't expecting it until next week :D

update:

i am done finally, i have to say that this thing is..... A PAIN IN THE ASS to put on..

i think i am a perfectionist LOL and i tried to do this thing as perfect as possible, had to remove it and re-apply it 3 times to the point that i gave up and just left it on without checking for bubbles and stuff, i even see some hair in between the ipod and the back shield LOL.

if you have no patience, don't do this $h!t.

I ordered mine today and got it the same day!!!

Oh yeah, that's because I wasn't lazy and decided to go to a CPW store and pick one up. :(

Anyway I've got my own reason for not getting iShield. I purchased one a week ago with my new iPhone. But after applying it I began to get this "device you've connected is not iPhone compatable" error when nothing was connected. Also my phone would start back up if I tried to shut it down. The shut down issue only lasted a day but I've had the incompatable error message a few times since. It's to do with the solution they provide. You're supposed to be able to use a lot but it seems it has the capability of causing problems too.

Anyway I went back to the apple store and got a new iPhone and a new iShield. Hopefully this time I don't get any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Invisible Shields are very good products but fair warning, They are like applying a window tint film to a car, PAIN IN THE A*** to get it perfect. I burned through two of them on my iphone having to peel it back off and re-apply it so many times it got all stretched out. Also, For touchscreen devices I would recommend against it. Has a very rubbery feel to it and totally messes you up when trying to drag and such...

I found a cheaper anti-glare screen kit that is much better for the Iphone, Best part is that its a pack of 5, Not just 1...

I bought three products from zagg... I'll admit the install is a {censored}, but everything is perfect. I can key my phone... and I wont even see a scratch (sometimes if I key it hard enough, I'll see a scratch for a few hours, but then it will disappear).. They are AMAZING. I highly recommend them!

The only flaws with them, is they don't fit 100%, more like 90%... oh and that hour installation.

The three items I bought were (2) iPhone 3G skins, and (1) iPhone 2G skin. All perfect!, it even comes with a nice kit!... Also, I only bought them because I got them 1/2 off, with a link on slickdeals.net

I bought 2, one for the back of my iPhone and a complete for my iPod nano (1st gen).

They arrive in two weeks (to Mexico) and without any charge.

A friend that buy it one in Las Vegas trip ask them if they could change it because he changed his iPhone to a 3G version, they sent the new one (without any charge) and ask him to send the old one in order to maintaint the warranty.

At the office almost anyone who has an iPod or iPhone use the Zagg shield, no compaints from anyone.

Contrary of what CLiDE says, is not useless, I could save some scratches on the back of my iPhone, and they were only from putting on the top of my desktop.

For the screen I use the Power Support anti-glare film: http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/iphone_antiglare.php bought it on Amazon.

I have experience on both sides of the fence here. I've been a very big Invisible Shield fan for over a year - the first two I bought were purchased in early 2007. I've only purchased iPod related Invisible Shields, but I do buy one for every iPod my wife and I own - I'm up to about 7 purchases now.

I've also had some friends see my iPod with Invisible Shield and end up buying their own, and folks who buy my used iPods on Craigslist are impressed with the protector.

My biggest story is with an iPod nano that "went missing". I looked everywhere for this iPod but could not find it. Eventually I was cleaning up in the computer room and found it behind the computer desk. It had fallen off the back of the desk and sat. For quite some time. There were two dents in the back casing of the iPod - but still no scratches thanks to the Invisible Shield.

I keep my iPods in my pocket without fear.

Now for the bad. While Zagg is usually prompt with orders, I have had bad experiences before. Similar to the OP, I had ordered an Invisible Shield and it didn't come in the time expected. So I emailed Zagg and went back and forth a few times with their Customer Service folks. Finally they gave me a phone number to call and a name to talk to. So I called the guy and he took my name and address and agreed to send me an Invisible Shield. However, same story. Didn't get it. So I called back, and it turns out they -hadn't- sent it for some reason. I gave them a third try, and finally a few days later I had my Invisible Shield.

So they definitely do have occasional shipping issues. I'm not sure if this is purely incompetence based or based on the growth of their company - inexcusable, regardless.

If they get that act together, they'll be okay.

Another word of warning, however. Occasionally you'll get an Invisible Shield that has lines in it - this happened with the last one I bought from WalMart Online. Zagg did step up and send me another one, but told me that this would be the only time they would be able to replace it for free.

So its' a mixed bag. Their customer service sometimes could be better, and the product itself really is difficult to install - I *FULLY* agree with Snakehn in that if you are not a patient person, DO NOT DO IT. But I still stand by the fact that the product is high quality. I couldn't imagine having my iPod without one - I don't miss having a scratchy iPod at all. ;)

So they definitely do have occasional shipping issues. I'm not sure if this is purely incompetence based or based on the growth of their company - inexcusable, regardless.

So, what we see here that Zagg (the products) does not suck but the service (or the shiping company they are using), so the best way is to buy it on a store.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of buying and invincible shield along with the iphone 3g and a unlocking sim

is the anti-glare any better than the Shield????

and why is it so expensive for just 1 anti-glare

and finally which makes should i buy and from where without any hustle and post using problems

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...