Safari or Flash bug on intel? (please verify)

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Im new to this forum, recieved my blazing fast imac 2.0 Ghz dual core last week and i hope this forum is THE best place to ask all my intelmac related questions.

So heres the first one:

I noticed that some websites build with flash have blue text instead of black as intended. The problem only appears in safari on intel, not in Firefox (deerhunt). When i open Safari using Rosetta, the text is black again. Is this a bug in Safari or the Flash plugin? Or is this only on my computer...

Can someone please verify the site

Thanks a lot

I can not confirm. The texts are black. Have you tried installing the beta intel flash plugin released recently? Please back up your original flash plugin before replacing with the beta intel flavor.

On a side note, surfers beware! The site posted above is not a problem. However, flash is also a script and may be compiled to do harm to your OS. Just a heads up :gun:

Nope, it looks normal. I use the default fonts installed on Tiger and I have not install additional fonts. Is there a feature in OS X to find broken fonts? What OS and Safari version are you using? Maybe there is a problem with older versions?

picture24gd.th.png

Go here: http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=12050 and follow the links on that thread to get the rescent flash beta version. Your flash version should be Version 8,0,27,0

To get the thumb, host the file at imageshack.us and when you get the option to choose which to post on the forum, use "Thumbnail for forums (1)"

Edit: glad you got it working :gun: