Southpark, toliet humor, or a deeper meaning?

vbetts

South park  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of humor is it?

• Nothing but fart jokes!
    • Always have a message!

13 posts in this topic

This has been argued a lot before because of what South Park used to be. Excluding the earlier episodes with Mr Hankey and what not, what kind of humor do you consider South Park to be? The humor created by Matt Stone and Trey parker? Examples.

Toilet humor, Terrance and Phillip are really nothing but fart jokes.

Deeper meaning, well lets take Imagination land. In the Imagination land special, theres' a segment that features George Bush and the press, talking as if the First amendment and freedom of speech doesn't exist. When you look at the United States now, things like this are really happening. Slowly, which is really sad.

if you don't see how Mr.Hanky is a satire on religious festivals you may be a little thick-skinned. it is *far* more than a toilet joke.

[edit]

Come to think of it, I dunno whether it's a great thing that the USA has these mainstream channels of satirical dissent in an otherwise strongly consensualised and restrictive media world, or terribly sad that people have to go to the lengths of making satirical cartoons to speak out simple truths about a decaying nation.

Horrible Options.

Why can't something just be funny and intelligent? Why can't something just be enjoyed at face value any more?

Not everything must have a meaning to everyone, and that is exactly what this thread is implying. Please take a second, step back, and realize how much you must not enjoy life to have to ponder this question about South Park seriously cereally...

I do think they lost a lot of quality around the 8th and 9th seasons, all though it seems to be returning. With a lot of their newer stuff I just don't laugh, it's trying to be funny and its not. Imaginationland sucked, a few funny parts and for the most part {censored}.

Lol it's verry funny satirical show. It's sad that I. Hayes died, so we'll never see Chef again for sure. There is stupid episode called "Stanley's Cup". It wasn't funny and positive to see kid dying at the end and men hitting other kids during the game.