-V STOPS AT: MAC Framework successfully initialized using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster ID buffer headers

1mla4e1

8 posts in this topic

Ok, I have been trying to get an answer for ever so here is the low-down. I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on my HP NC6000. Install went smooth. When I try to boot it, the apple loading screen comes up but never loads the OS, just hangs there. I have left it on all night, nothing. When I boot with "-v" it stops at:

MAC Framework successfully initialized

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster ID buffer headers

What can I do to get this to work? It is driving me crazy that I am so close but no one can help lol.

I disabled Legacy USB and turned the fan on always when on ac and there was one otehr thing I sidabled, forgot what its called, "somthing step", IDK.

ANY HELP??? THANKS!

Excuse my horrible spelling. IDK why spell check didn't catch that lol.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

same problem on hp-micro-tower dx2400...

installation with ideneb (10.5.5) installation dvd bootet fine

whats about this thread: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101

?

the last poster says you have to remove titan*kexts

and another one writes: "the fix is to replace AppleACPCIPlatform.kext and IOACPCIFamily.kext."

but with which kexts shoul i replace? with the ones from the dvd? (cause its booting fine :wacko:

at the moment i am trying this:

- get the kexts from the iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 DVD

- haha, no Extensions-Dir? It must be in the mkext-file...

- the tool mkextunpack is the trick, but bad news: its not on LIVE-System you boot in from dvd.

- ok, i have a real mac, too. get an USB-SATA/IDE/whatever adapter, connect the target HDD and put the dvd in.

- atm. i try to extract and write the kexts i want from the dvd to my target drive.

ok, see you later..

I'm glad you manged to solve the problem but is it possible without a real Mac? I have tough time understanding what exactly you did. Do I nedd to download iDeneb 1.3 ? I have following distros: iDeneb1.4 iAtkos 4.1i and Kalyway 10.5.2

Can I find that kext on any of them.

PS: I downloaded TransMac. Maybe that can help me to inject those kexts from Windows. I will post the results.