[MP3] just installed garage band

jaykrawk

7 posts in this topic

Sounds to me like Dolly Parton singing Ramnstein. Each track is COMPLETLY unrelated to the others ones, both in rythm and tonality.

Not to talk about the fact "making" a song using exclusively pre-recorded loops is not composing.

Maybe I'm too hard, but is better telling the truth being rude instead of giving you fake hopes saying "uuhh, yeah, pretty good" when clearly is not.

If you are really interested in music stay away from garage band, and try making things by yourself. Get Logic Express, Live, or something else.

@vood

i do play a little "real" music but i'm really not too interested in recording. mostly just for the entertainment of my friends at parties and the beach :P. but i do respect the constructive criticism.

@ levkovsky and macciti

thanks, i didn't even know there was a timing enhancement thing. i'll find it the next time.

but like i said this was just my first attempt, after spending about a day downloading ilife from a torrent. i think the whole reason i did this osx86 project was so i could try out ilife (along with other mac stuff) before i actually buy a mac. and i was most eager to check out garage band, since i actually spent all 4 years of high school playing in garage bands :censored2:

btw, i'd love it if you guys could post something you've made. :D

Using the installed loops is not creating a song.

It's not bad for simply adding loops together, but it's not good at all.

Start opening up the musical keyboard and play something of your own.

Or, go back to Windows and play some games, since you have no business dealing with Garageband.