What's the best Leopard distro for HP Pavilion dv2915nr?

TKiet

3 posts in this topic

Hi there Genius Bar people, I just recently purchased an HP Pavilion dv2915nr (sorry if I'm repeating myself), and I have tried Leo4Allv3. Most of the hardware works except for the wireless Intel PRO 3945a/b/g card and the HP Webcam, even by trying the newest iwi3945 driver by javaloui didn't work for me. Does anyone know of either a good Leopard distro or any new kexts, or possibly help with javaloui's driver if possible?

EDIT: also, before any assumptions, I have searched everywhere for workarounds but couldn't find a solution.

EDIT 2: sorry, it's jalavoui, not javaloui. Sorry about that jalavoui.

• 3 weeks later...

does ur sound jack work . i installed iatkos v.4 , the sound works but the sound jack doesn't do anything. when i put headphones they wont work and the sound comes out from laptop speakers. camera didn't work here . neither ethernet . i had to install something for ethernet to work . and i get kernel panic sometimes but when i restart it's good. SD slot doesn't work either .

so i guess my question is . can u list all the things that worked from the first boot . i wanna see if urs is better i'll install urs. thanks

I can't get my Intel Pro 3945 to work either. It is really disappointing because there is not really a purpose for a mobile computer without wireless internet.

I just don't understand why this driver cannot be made. It is an Intel product that a lot of people see to have. Could someone who knows please explain to me why...