Screen Saver, Monitor Sleep and Raid

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So I just got OSx86 installed for the first time and so far I love it. I have a few minor issues that I would love to get resolved if possible. But before I get to those here is a little info on my setup:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R

Intel Core 2Duo 2.52 Wolfdale

ATI X1300

KalyWay 10.5.2 updated to 10.5.4

So now to my issues

1) I have 3 hard drives in my machine, all are SATA. Now two of them are setup with a mirrored raid thru the motherboard. Now for some reason my MAC sees the drives as two separate drives from time to time. Some times it sees just one or it sees the Raid and shows only one. Im not sure whats going on. Anyone have any ideas?

2)I have the screen saver Flurry setup to come on. But when it does its horribly choppy. I installed the NatitX1300.r1v1.Installer package that helped with my resolution issue. But the screen saver is still choppy.

3)Finally kind of related to number 2, after having the screen saver issues I just decided to have then monitor go to sleep. But that dosent happen. But here is the weird thing. When I walk in to the room you still see the desktop as normal, but then when you touch the mouse the screen finally goes to sleep for a few seconds. Then it comes right back.

I would say that im really excited with the way the install is going with the exception of the minor issued issued stated above. Thanks for any help!