Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Sony VAIO TZ widesceen solution 16:9 (for 10.5.2 Kalyway)

3 posts in this topic

This is a really simple tutorial for getting 16:9 widescreen resolution for OSX86.

I have tested this on Kalyway 10.5.2 ONLY and I'm not sure but it will probably work with previous versions as well.

You don't need any kext or modify existing ones. I did a fresh install and tried it just to make sure.

Basically, just go to the BIOS (to access BIOS, you have to press... delete or . key... or was it F2?? I forgot, try them all!)

and look through the pages (I think it's page 2) until you see LCD Expansion option.

TURN IT ON! (I hated it because it made some stuff really stretched out)

Then save changes and reboot in OSX.

Go to System Preferences and Display, and you should see 1366x768 support now.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the simple tutporial. Unfortunately it does not work on my VAIO TZ26 running iDeneb 10.5.8. So to get that res I interrupt the boot and enter "Graphics Mode"=1366x768x32

1366x768 is the native resolution for several 10", 11.5" and 15" LCD displays including VAIO TZ series as well as a version of the Dell mini and the Dell 1545.