Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
Sign in to follow this  
osmthi

How to clean up my Mac OS9?

15 posts in this topic

(Note: I've never used OS9 before...)

As mentioned in the OSx86 Installation forum, my brother's friend gave me a PowerBook G3 with OS9. It has a lot of...stuff...on there and I was wondering how I could get rid of all the files and make it like new. Keep in mind that I don't have any install CDs, just the PowerBook. Thanks!

The fast way is to re install Mac OS 9 directly from the CD, erase the destination Disk.

macgirl, he did mention that he doesn't have an Installation CD.

Other than grabbing an install CD off p2p or something I don't see a way you can get around to that osmthi...

Certainly, he need an OS 9 installation CD, which is as easy as OS X to obtain, I think is even easier since it is smaller.

To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :)

To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :)

*LOL* Subtelty is your game :)

To be honest, finding OS9 is not easy. BUT, I think there is a website called MacDomain which is a DOT ORG site that MIGHT(wink wink) have what you are looking for. I THINK(wink) you may need Nero though. Hope that helps ya. I just had the same problem and using the install disc for a clean install is the only way to go. :D
The demon site of to rr en ts show me at least 3 different seeds and the naval :) ship site shows me 4, an they are from 420MB to 3.6GB (the one with 16 different languages of Mac OS 9)

macgirl: I like YOUR subtlety too! :blink: I did find those but when I tried to DL them none worked. I believe their trackers have been shut down. I dunno.

Haha, thanks for the help, Escape and Macgirl. The site is down now, but I hope it's just a temporary thing. Luff to you both. <3

Just to add this in, I just installed OSX 10.3.9 Panther last on my iMac G3 from the 2 Disc Install, and it works beautifully. Not the fastest but for only having 192MB ram, it's pretty cool.