which 802.11n pci can WOOB in 10.5.4(iAtkos v4)

riem

8 posts in this topic

i plan to upgrade my 3com lan card to a 802.11n card, and after reserching i'v found some problems with linksys WMP300N later 10.5.1 :)

so if anyone who installed 10.5.4(iAtkos v4), please tell me what is your choice. THX :thumbsdown_anim:

Guest BuildSmart
anyone who installed iAtkos v4, please help~!
You say you have issues with this LinkSYS card but don't say what those issues are but since I use this card I think the problem may be more of your OS installation fault than the card itself.

Also, if you modify the ID's of the WMP300N card you wont experience any issues and the card will work as expected and even work with the TimeCapsule.

See signature,

works out of the box, but requires kext from 10.5.3, will eventually be fixed again in 10.5.5

i plan to upgrade my 3com lan card to a 802.11n card, and after reserching i'v found some problems with linksys WMP300N later 10.5.1 :(

so if anyone who installed 10.5.4(iAtkos v4), please tell me what is your choice. THX :)

Guest BuildSmart
See signature,

works out of the box, but requires kext from 10.5.3, will eventually be fixed again in 10.5.5

Why is it broken in 10.5.4?

Have fun getting a connection above 130mbps with that card in OS X or support for TC, you can't.

The biggest issue with the card is that it doesn't support 802.11a and this is a requirement for 300mbps connections, for TC, it validates the subsystem ID's as a requirement so this rules out cards not bearing the apple ID's.

I guess I'm just enjoying the benefits of Broadcom and Atheros custom designed cards that are in essence real apple airport cards cause no software will ever be able to tell they are not, if apple renders these cards inoperable then they will kill all of their real cards as well since the same firmware is used in these cards.

I had planned on selling them since Broadcom and Atheros designed them based on my/apple specifications (at their expense) and while everyone wants one, they go for cheap USB stuff or D-Link DWA-552 or DWA-556 cards thinking they'll get everything they need out of it.

Why is it broken in 10.5.4?

Have fun getting a connection above 130mbps with that card in OS X or support for TC, you can't.

The biggest issue with the card is that it doesn't support 802.11a and this is a requirement for 300mbps connections, for TC, it validates the subsystem ID's as a requirement so this rules out cards not bearing the apple ID's.

I guess I'm just enjoying the benefits of Broadcom and Atheros custom designed cards that are in essence real apple airport cards cause no software will ever be able to tell they are not, if apple renders these cards inoperable then they will kill all of their real cards as well since the same firmware is used in these cards.

I had planned on selling them since Broadcom and Atheros designed them based on my/apple specifications (at their expense) and while everyone wants one, they go for cheap USB stuff or D-Link DWA-552 or DWA-556 cards thinking they'll get everything they need out of it.

does this also go for the BCM94306 ? (I mean is it also custom designed)

Guest BuildSmart
does this also go for the BCM94306 ? (I mean is it also custom designed)
It just might stop working if it's not an apple card.

Is this a desktop or laptop card?

What ID's does the card have and does it support a/b/g or just b/g?