Triple boot on one SATA?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm new to this forum, although I have been browsing around in it for almost 2 weeks. So, happy to be here officialy.

I need some advice on a question I could not clarify yet. I have a Toshiba with AMD and only one SATA harddrive (Hitachi SB2600), with only XP active on the boot, but with the preinstalled Vista still there, non-bootable now, just for the case.

Now, I wanted to install Kalyway on a third primary partition besides the bootable XP and the reserve Vista, that is, without adding any other hard drive. Is this possible? I heard there was a limit of 2 primary partitions on laptops...

And my second question is: Can I add drives designed for 10.4 to my future OSX 10.5.2 installation after installing Mac?

I'll appreciate any comments

Answer 1. It is possible to triple-boot and as most PCs (which includes laptops) use the MBR partition scheme on their hard drives, that makes your hard drive able to have a max of 4 partitons (excluding extended partitions which can hold more). So you can try kalyway in the booting scheme and use EasyBCD to put it altogether and revive your Vista partition.

Answer 2. Yes you can.

Many thanks! I take it that the extended partition does not count. So I will give kalyway a try this weekend and add it to WinRE, Vista and XP. I'd only mind about having to remove Vista and its recovery partition, which is also primary.

Really cool!