USB Dell Mouse

Sheppy1

6 posts in this topic

Ok this is only a very minor problem but it's driving me nuts lol, it's my mouse, when im doing bug movements (other side of the screen or dragging and dropping) all is fine but when i need to do smaller movements like picking a bookmark or highlighting text the cursor feels VERY stiff and it moves really slowly, so i was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

Hey, I have this very same problem and it bugging me to the degree that I won't boot to Mac anymore and decided to stick with Vista instead.

I have the Logitech G5 and I have tried so many thing, original Mouse setting, SteerMouse, USBOverdrive, etc. and none fix the stiff and slow movement when you only want to move a little bit.

Everything is smooth in Vista.

So how did you fix your problem?

• 1 year later...
Ok this is only a very minor problem but it's driving me nuts lol, it's my mouse, when im doing bug movements (other side of the screen or dragging and dropping) all is fine but when i need to do smaller movements like picking a bookmark or highlighting text the cursor feels VERY stiff and it moves really slowly, so i was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this?

I have the same problem, someone can help us??

I have installed Leopard 10.5.8 on my Dell Inspirion 530s and all works Ok except the mice its don't work property, it moves slowly.

Thanks in advanced.

After a bit of googleing i came across this

mouse fix

i havent tried it yet, but have a go guys.

i think if you touch the slider in sys prefs, then it resets.

**edit**

ok i tried it, it removes the stupid acceleration that causes slow mouse in small movement, so that there is linear movement.

But movement is a little too slow for my liking.

I think Logitech mice can use logitech control panel to boost the speed in addition to this little program.

I use Microsoft optical mouse, and so i cant seem to get it to speed up while having acceleration disabled.

Touching the sys prefs mouse slider reverts back all changes the program makes. =)

**edit 2**

Ive tried another method, using mousefix pref pane, and adjusting the tracking speed in sys prefs. Gets preety close to Windows.