How to force Tiger to ignore a PCI Video Card

pippopippo1

3 posts in this topic

I have an Nvidia Geforce 8500GT 1G perfectly running on my kaliway 10.5.2 Leopard.

My system can boot also a Jas 10.4.8 Tiger that works perfectly with the on motherboard video but does not boot with the 8500GT inserted.

I tried to remove the file/folder called Nvdaresman.kext from /System/Library/Extensions, but on bios boot i have video signal only on 8500GT VGA and it seemes that Tiger boots correctly but the last screen i can see is the "apple screen".

I don't want to insert and remove the 8500GT everytime i boot Leopard or Tiger icon8.gif !

Do You know How to force Tiger to ignore a PCI Video Card and continue using the motherboard video ?

many many thanks

Motherboard: p5k-vm

Video Card: nvidia Geforce 8500GT 1G

geforce.kext, nvdaresman, nvda__hal, etc... remove em all..... OR change the wildcarding so it won't see your device ID....

should be able to get it so it won't see the card. also, in bios you may have to flip your bios so the primary graphics adapter is onboard for tiger, and then flip it to PCIe for leo.

changing the wildcarding works pretty well... when I was playing with macvidia... I had a pair of geforce 4 MX's installed that would show up as PCI devices but not crash the because they weren't loaded by device ID.....

never did figure out how to get macvidia to run them as well as the 6600gt AGP card though...... (was trying for 4 monitors)