ATI 9800xt

3 posts in this topic

not sure if anyone else is having this problem but just after i try to boot into osx it says

loading darwin x86...

511mb ram (thats ok)

vesa 2.0 16mb (16mb of video memory !!)

is there any way to change the settings so that it recognises all of my graphics card memory (which is 256mb)

not sure if anyone else is having this problem but just after i try to boot into osx it says

loading darwin x86...

511mb ram (thats ok)

vesa 2.0 16mb  (16mb of video memory !!)

is there any way to change the settings so that it recognises all of my graphics card memory (which is 256mb)

I think your just loading the default VGA drive like everyone else.

I have a 9800pro running an xt bios thats doing the same thing.

I do have a 9800po mac bios that I was thinking about flashing onto my card to see if it was then recognised.

What we need is a good ATI driver for the 96-9800 cards.

We have a Dell Optiplex GX280 at work with the software loaded and its intel extreme graphics is supported and lets us change resolutions and color depths and refresh rates. the broadcom,m ethernet isnt supported so we through in a 3com ethernet card and it works well.

Im going to try it on a work optiplex GX150 to see what works also. and then maybe a GX260 as we have all the models from GX150 and up at work.

Do -NOT- flash a mac bios! That isn't needed since you are in an x86 architecture machine. It is needed on PPC macs to work w/PPC and OpenFirmware.

And, the only supported video now is onboard GMA900, nothing else. Everything else runs in VESA mode (some other onboard intel works partially, though).