how do i make a kext to disable another kext

mrbonkers

6 posts in this topic

as the topic says, how can i do it? since there is a way for disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, i want to make a kext that allows me to disable ACPILPC.kext as this is preventing my T60 from waking up from sleep. i do not want to delete/add any kext from the extension folder as i want to make it as vanilla as possible.

i will be placing the kext into dfe's new boot loader which allows you to boot retail dvds.

i have no experiences in making kext in osx :S but i really want to know how to. thanks

as the topic says, how can i do it? since there is a way for disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, i want to make a kext that allows me to disable ACPILPC.kext as this is preventing my T60 from waking up from sleep. i do not want to delete/add any kext from the extension folder as i want to make it as vanilla as possible.

i will be placing the kext into dfe's new boot loader which allows you to boot retail dvds.

i have no experiences in making kext in osx :S but i really want to know how to. thanks

It ACPILPC.kext doesn't do anything for your system, and it if screws up sleep, just delete it. The "vanilla as possible" is just in your mind, it doesn't actually do anything for the computer. However, a kext that nulls that kext would be useful for future updates, but even in that case, all you have to do is delete the kext again.

ah. but it'll be fun making a kext. hahaha. guess i'll just delete the kext

The explanation for how NullCPUPowerManagement was made seems complicated, so deleting is faster and easier :unsure:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest BuildSmart
If ACPILPC.kext is not matching to real device SouthBridge it is not loaded during boot. No need to delete!
If it does match and get's the wrong IRQ assigned to it then it does cause problems with waking from sleep as the poster has already experienced.

Also, the excuse that the answer is to long or complicated can be reduced by providing the source for the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext as an example of the process to achieve it which is what the poster really wanted.