Totally Frustrated

teecee

2 posts in this topic

I've spent all day reading everything I could find about 10.5.2 and ATI x1950xtx Uber Edition from Jccool's installer and his Uber edition editing and forcing resolution in boot.plist, and I still can't control needed resolution to match the monitor of 1680x1050. When I forced the resolution all I get is 1400x1050 which distorts images. System reports the graphic card ID is 0x7240 with 256MB, when I have 512MB. EFI is 8.0. I'm almost giving up. If anyone has any other suggestions I would really appreciate it. Other weird thing is, "Apple about" shows I have 8 GB installed but when expanding the properties of memory it says I only have 4 GB. This is all screwed up. Man, I don't know what I'm talking about anymore and just rambling :/ :)

.. and I still can't control needed resolution to match the monitor of 1680x1050. When I forced the resolution all I get is 1400x1050 which distorts images. System reports the graphic card ID is 0x7240 with 256MB, when I have 512MB. ..

As i gather, you are not running the card with full driver support? without, it only runs in vesa mode and resolution can only be changed by forcing via "display mode=..". but this basic support is limited by the vram value reported at bootup, which would be somethning about 32mb. maybe gfxstrings may help.

Other weird thing is, "Apple about" shows I have 8 GB installed but when expanding the properties of memory it says I only have 4 GB. This is all screwed up. Man, I don't know what I'm talking about anymore and just rambling :/ :lol:

"about this mac" doesn´t show the true specs on a hack, but there a tweaks (and tools) for editing this by hand.