Truman

djet

2 posts in this topic

Has anyone read this? It's a very interesting short book or long story.... not sure which one....

I enjoyed it very much because it seemed like Harry and other people during that time made decisions based upon integrity and what would be best for the country, not what would guarantee reelection or keep their ratings. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see that in our day and age.

I love the part where he threatens to draft all the railroad workers on strike...... scary, but yet somewhat humorous.

Has anyone read this? It's a very interesting short book or long story.... not sure which one....

I enjoyed it very much because it seemed like Harry and other people during that time made decisions based upon integrity and what would be best for the country, not what would guarantee reelection or keep their ratings. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see that in our day and age.

I love the part where he threatens to draft all the railroad workers on strike...... scary, but yet somewhat humorous.

People making decisions based on what people will think of them? Have you ever taken a look at Still President Bush's approval rating? And I quote:

"People don't want their President trying to be the cool guy."