Peking Robin OS

2 posts in this topic

Dear Folks,

My name is George Padgett and I am a Masters student in Computing at De Montfort University. I would like to use this forum to sound out my proposal for a new commercial operating system called Peking Robin OS. I aim to build a website describing the system which will be used to advertise the project for investment from the general public. There will be a range of investment opportunities and any investor who invests £79 or more will recieve a free copy of the OS and the office suite once complete. I personally would be looking to obtain a job within the company as a junior developer and whilst I will express my ideas for the system I will not be leading the design of the software. I would like to employee invididuals with a range of experience and those who are most experienced would lead the design of the products.

I would like to know whether the members of this forum would be interested in the idea and whether they believe they would consider investing and or contributing. So please let me know.

In the next few days I'll provide further description of my own ideas and I hope the members of this forum will provide me with feedback. The basic framework of the idea is a Linux kernal based OS with a similar graphics system to Mac OS X (OpenVG will be used), the company will be split into sub companies and institutions each making components of the system and there will be be a terminal edition of the OS for connecting to a local server computer (which would perform the core of the processing) or over the internet to a server. Also the operating system would be coded in Objective-C and C - I'd quite like this to mean the entire system if possible. As stated previously over the next few days and weeks and try and outline different sections of the operating system and the technologies which will be used and which will form the system.

Your sincerely,

George Padgett.