keyboard + alps trackapad driver

6 posts in this topic

this are the drivers for the keyboard and trackpad of a hp g7000 for mac os x86 10.5.3

maybe this work for other laptops

i've made the trackpad driver because the appleps2mouse as a random behavior - sometimes it enables the trackpad sometimes don't

to install:

- backup old ApplePS2Controller.kext

- install this one (it doesn't have suport for ps2 mouse - if you need it install from the old one but if you do so the trackpad won't work)

- repair permissions

- reboot

- goto system preferences - i've setup my trackpad like in this picture

- to use the keyboard - choose in sys prefs - international - input menu you country flag (mine is pt)

- i'm not shore if this is a mac os x or a driver feature (from my old acer driver) but pressing "fn+prt sc" pops up a arrow for screen capture. after that the picture is copied to memory and you can paste it

i might change some code for the trackpad driver - the code seems to be very old and have a few bugs. the hor/vert scroll code work but need some changes

the source code of all this is in http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ svn tree

download last version from http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/source/...roller.kext.zip

this includes the keyboard and trackpad extensions

i've seen lots of drivers like this in the forum. maybe it's time to add a new hardware session for all ;)

post-53253-1215383810_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys

i have a Dell Vostro 1510 i got everything to work i just need to set up the Keyboard and the ALPS TouchPad

i cant seem to figure it out. how do i install this? does it go under the /system/library/extensions/

i reboot and still cant get it to work

here is the file that was on the first post, someone wanted it here as an attachment

thanks for your help

ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Jalavoui's kext works almost perfectly for me. Keyboard is fine, and very importantly the tab under "System Preferences" called "Trackpad" FINALLY appears, but unfortunately I cannot get any response from the Trackpad (Synaptics).

However, if I use any other "ApplePS2Controller" kext, the "Trackpad" tab disappears but the trackpad does semi works.

The reason I need this kext is because currently with working kexts the trackpad operates very fast & inaccurately (even set at slowest setting) it behaves very animated & jumpy as it can't go diagonally in a straight line but instead go down in small steps and is very fidgety.

PLEASE, please somebody help, I have spent over a week looking for a solution, but cannot find much matching my problem let alone a fix...

Hardware:

HP Compaq 2510p

Trackpad = Synaptics

Thanks,

davejones