Having Problems With QE and Changing Resolutions 10.4.5

6 posts in this topic

I'm Stuck at 1024 x 768 x 32 I've tried the 830 drivers and the 915 drivers. I have tried changing the preferences so that it will at least set the resolution at start up. tried darwin disk drivers...

nothing is working.

10.4.5 recognized every single other thing in my system tho...

I just need QE and Resolutions so that I can get 1650x1050 and be able to use photoshop.

I've searched for days on this.

Dell Dimension 3000

3.0 HT P4

768 MB Ram

865G Graphics

Any luck on this, I am stuck here as well??

mattp

I'm Stuck at 1024 x 768 x 32 I've tried the 830 drivers and the 915 drivers. I have tried changing the preferences so that it will at least set the resolution at start up. tried darwin disk drivers...

nothing is working.

10.4.5 recognized every single other thing in my system tho...

I just need QE and Resolutions so that I can get 1650x1050 and be able to use photoshop.

I've searched for days on this.

Dell Dimension 3000

3.0 HT P4

768 MB Ram

865G Graphics

Only i945g and 915g have supported graphic core (GMA9x0) ; i845/865 have ExtremeGraphics that isnt supported by OsX since 10.4.3......

peace

DS_73

strictly speaking NOTHING other than Apple sold h/w is supported, thats hasnt stopped most of the people on this board has it? :-)

I forgot to mention I'm in the same boat. Laptop is Toshiba A30-514 and EVERYTHING works, USB, Wireless, Bluetooth, everything. The only thing I could do with is CE as I cant play videos without massive frame loss.

I've tried to hack in some 830 drivers but they wouldnt load as there was a version mismatch or something :-(