Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Web users "only visit six sites"

11 posts in this topic

Web users now have almost 76 million sites to choose from, yet most only visit six on a regular basis, it was revealed today.

The research, published today by Directgov, points to a new era in the use of the internet that experts are calling the 'Supersite' phenomenon. The study found that half of internet-using Britons (51 per cent) visit just six or less sites on a regular basis.

Three quarters of people questioned say the internet is indispensable to their daily lives and more than nine out of ten (95 per cent) say they go online with a specific destination in mind. People are now using the internet more smartly, visiting a handful of destination websites that have emerged as 'Supersites' due to their importance to people's lives.

I suppose I must visit 10-12 regularly - loads of bookmarks but only a core set of

websites get my daily attention:-

BBC News

OSX86 Forums

Nasa Sites (various)

My blog (yes sorry)

and some others..

Favorites(in no order)

wow....six. I guess i make a few sites so i guess i actually visit around 8 or so.

I can totally see this being the case. Seems like most people don't keep an extensive list of bookmarks and sort of impulsively navigate to whatever site is fresh in mind.

My bookmark thing in firefox is like full, I can list 10 right now

Ftp: mine (im not going to post my ip in the list)

4 xxx sites that i will not post

theres 10, i visit alot more like pc-bsd forum

I'd prolly say the average user is around 6..

those are my ritual sites... anything else is a random once in a while or I'm searching for something site.