EFI GFX String Installer [Beta]

devZero

70 posts in this topic

This project has been discontinued due to my own stupidity... My apologies, and more info here

/dev/zero

Automated GFX String Installer. Supports some ATI, and Nvidia cards atm, list below. Start the installer, select your Make / Model, click continue, and reboot. Please let me know if you find any bugs. Also, I am looking for more plist files for supporting cards. If your card isn't below, send me a plist and I'll add it to the next release.

This is not a driver. This installer generates and injects efi strings for your video card into your existing com.apple.Boot.plist file, just as you would manually using gfxutil. It is just automation for an existing method. If you have an existing efi_string in your com.apple.Boot.plist and whish to use this installer, please remove the existing entry first. The next version will do this automatically for you.

I am working on version beta 2. If you would like a card to be supported please send the following information:

ioreg -p IODeviceTree -n display -r -l -t > ioreg.txt

That will create a file names 'ioreg.txt'. Send that, along with any other information you have, driver you're currently using, NVCAP, etc...

Download v1.2 Here: http://tinyurl.com/5k97bo

Supported Cards:

GeForce 7300 GT ( Tested )

GeForce 7400 GO ( Untested )

GeForce 7950 GT 256MB / 512MB ( Tested )

GeForce 8500 GT 256MB / 512MB ( Tested )

GeForce 8600 GTS ( Untested )

GeForce 8800 GTS ( Untested )

Radeon X1900 ( Untested )

Radeon HD 2400 ( Untested )

Radeon HD 2600 ( Tested )

Radeon HD 2900 ( Untested )

Radeon HD 3870 ( Untested )

Radeon HD 3870x2 ( Untested )

Intel GMA950 ( Untested )

For more help join us on IRC @ irc.osx86scene.com ~ #osx86scene

Thanks to RealityisWhere for initial testing, Netkas for making PC_EFI, SynthetiX for osx86scene, and Kalyway for answering all my stupid questions ;)

i would like you find something for vaio user like me who have 8600m gt 512 because laptop on vaio can t have qe/ci on internal screen now someone talks about soft edid :http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=111271&mode=linear

the problem is actually unsolve and no vaio laptop can work properly so if you can do that with your installer you ll be the king because i search issue since 4 month and really need this

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=111276

thanx

devZero, are there efi gfx strings for dual monitor setup? I have a Laptop with a GeForce Go 7600 + monitor on dvi. With the gfx string supplied the internal works, now trying to get the external going without Natit, NVInject, nvkush etc ..

Thanks.

Just an update. I haven't had a chance to finish beta 2 as yet. On Saturday, I decided it would be loads of fun to snap my Fibula into three pieces. I have doctors appointments this week, and will resume after that. Beta 2 will have support for over 50 cards, including Intel, ATI and Nvidia. Stay Tuned :)

devZero, are there efi gfx strings for dual monitor setup? I have a Laptop with a GeForce Go 7600 + monitor on dvi. With the gfx string supplied the internal works, now trying to get the external going without Natit, NVInject, nvkush etc ..

Yes, efi strings will work with dual monitors. Try beta 2 when I release it ( hopefully sometime next week ). It will have support for a wider range of cards, and will be more card specific.

Hello, I have Sapphire ATI HD 3650 512mb, there is attached my ioreg.txt ... I want to have working GFX string because I have exactly same two 3650 cards, which I like to have on 3 same monitors. Two lcds on one card working flawlessly with ATI installer from lastExile ( http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107526 )..

But when I tried it manually, no luck;( .. After setting up plist file and generating hex with gfxutil (paste into boot plist) and deleting Natit.kext, I get unusable screen - weird picture. System boots up correctly, everything is working, but picture in login screen is screwed;(

My plist look like this

post-142145-1214996088_thumb.png

ioreg.txt

im sorry to ask this question, im a noob on this whole osx86 thing. do you put it in terminal? well thats what i did but i cant find it. where do i find the ioreg.txt file?

well, since my 2600 pro wont work here you go

ioreg.txt

thanks for trying though

btw, no matter what i do i cannot get my card working via device properties strings

i even copied what i had in the info.plist of natit for my card into a hex file, but to no avail

all i got was a weird screen

I am sorry I have not worked on this this week. I have surgery on my leg tomorrow, and will continue to work on it a day or two after that. The next version will support over 50 cards, and should cover all the cards you all have posted IORegs for.

Wish me luck!

/dev/zero