ApplePS2Mouse : probe failed ?

Trigue

3 posts in this topic

Hi people, I want to install Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso on my PC to try the Mac OS. It is starting with the booting from the DVD and give me these fails and stops:

1. ApplePS2Mouse : probe failed

2. Still waiting for root device

Must I try another reliese? I tryed : Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2], Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3] but not good results. I cannot install them.

I checked this section of the forum, but didn't find exactly information about the problem with kalyway. Can you me help, if you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

I do have exactely the same "problem" and I know for sure it is because ASUS K5V SE/EPU (in my case) and similar ones lack the mouse PS2 Connector. Instead these mobos come with just one PS2 connector for the Keybord and up to eight USB ports, so you are forced to use a USB mouse. And I think that´s the point.

So far I´ve gone the "hardware way": I´ve got a PS2 splitter cable and connected both the keyboard and the mouse there with no success: Tried on WinXP, the keyboard works normally but no Mouse. Most probably this Mobo doesn´t support such a connection.

The software way: I think there must be a -xxx modifier to force the boot expecting a usb mouse. I´ve never edited it but there exists a boot.plist. If I don´t find anything else, I´ll investigate that.

Final wod: I don´t think is that there are so few people out there with this "connectors mix" so as not to have somebody gone though this before.

I´ve done very litle research so far but we share the issue. Please Trigue, if you find the way arround post it here.

Thanks.

Hi people, I want to install Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso on my PC to try the Mac OS. It is starting with the booting from the DVD and give me these fails and stops:

1. ApplePS2Mouse : probe failed

2. Still waiting for root device

Must I try another reliese? I tryed : Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2], Leo4All-10.5.2 Universal AMD/INTEL[sSE2/SSE3] but not good results. I cannot install them.

I checked this section of the forum, but didn't find exactly information about the problem with kalyway. Can you me help, if you know how to fix it?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

okay, i think this is an extension of the "Darwin Kernel version 9.2.0" hang up: Im not sure though, im relatively new to the scene.

Im trying to install kalyway 10.5.2 and for ages, everytime I constantly got the "Darwin Kernel version 9.2.0" hang up to which their seems to be very little information solution wise.

Anyway, as an attempt I loaded "fail safe defaults" in my bios... just because I was at a loss and for the first time since I first started trying to install kalyway I got past this hang up and I am now on the "applePS2mouse: probe failed" and "still waiting for root device" hang up.

On some level, could the two be related? If so, then it seems to be a lost cause trying to solve it.

If there is anymore information on this applePS2mouse issue (which there is also very little about) then Im open to suggestions and i will do my best to try them out and post back.

Edit:

Okay, even when you get past this problem you will probably hit Darwin Kernel Version hang up - I tried -f and got another error that was completely different, somone told me to try rd=disk1s1 -f and it just took me straight back to the darwin kernel hangup