Failure to boot after Installation (need help)

Anki

4 posts in this topic

I successfully installed mac os x after all those damn problems only to have it fail while booting!

I've searched the forums and nothing seems to work so here's what happened:

1.)installed mac os x (leo4allv3) on a seperate hd and booted into the hd after installation

2.)darwin bootloader comes up, I run the boot.

3.) diagnostics start popping up and then not too soon (it happens at any line so it doesn't matter), my monitor loses it's signal but my unit is till on and my only option is to restart.

It happens all the time I try to boot into mac os x, even through the bootloader of vista. How can I fix this?

How long are you waiting for it to start after it goes black. Several people have systems that hang for up to 5 minutes before the desktop finally shows up and everything works fine. If it starts up after waiting a while, then we need to see what its getting hung on. If you're waiting more than 5 minutes, it sounds like maybe there is a video driver issue. Can you post your system specs so we can get a better idea on what might be happening?

How long are you waiting for it to start after it goes black. Several people have systems that hang for up to 5 minutes before the desktop finally shows up and everything works fine. If it starts up after waiting a while, then we need to see what its getting hung on. If you're waiting more than 5 minutes, it sounds like maybe there is a video driver issue. Can you post your system specs so we can get a better idea on what might be happening?

I'm pretty sure it's a driver issue with my graphics card, I noticed that most people on the forum have problems booting or with their monitors if they have an nvidia 8800 gt. Thanks for the reply btw.

here are my specs:

Intel emaxx p35 pro keyboard

Intel q6600 quad core cpu

(3x)Apogee 1gb 800 RAM

500gb seagate raid0 hdd

80gb seagate hdd

Asus DRW-2014lt ATA

Ok. I got it now (using mac os x while I'm writing this) it had something to do with the nvdia injects that I didnt click on installation. no problems whatsoever. thanks for the reply though!