yet again booting

killay

8 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been following the guide from http://msalmank.blogspot.com/2008/03/insta...y-intel-pc.html

to install MAC osx leopard on my pc (which has vista).

As he says in step 3

PLEASE NOTE: It is very important to select the Bootloader to be installed, otherwise you will get the infamous Boot Chain0 Error when starting OS X.

I did select Bootloader. But still get the "boot chain error" when i try to choose "My Mac" from the dual boot.

I searched several forums (like this one) But can't seem to find the solution. I usually read id=af (don't really understand it's meaning) or use a ubuntu cd for partitioning.

My pc specs : XPS M1730.

It's a problem which most people stumble on, so I hoped to find the solution in a sticky thread :D

I would so appriciate it if I can solve it today. I'm so desperate to test out the Iphone SDK. I also think this is why there is a hype for the installation of mac on pc ;)

Greetings from Belgium

ooh forgot to tell:

The iso is iATKOS_v2 !

Don't know if it's important to know. I even formatted my whole disk this afternoon and installed a fresh copy of vista and mac , but still the same problem.

Any chances it might get fixed this evening? :blink:

If you guys need more specc of pc....

Thanks in advance

bump..... anyone?

I know most of you guys had the problem.

If you know posts/threads where they speak about this specific issue, post the link.

It's been 3 days almost, I've been trying with tutorials/guides. But still the same problem.

Thanks in advance