Asus K8N4-E Deluxe

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I have spent ages trawling through the various posts trying to find out what would be the best version of OS X to get for my current desktop PC setup. I have:

Asus K8N4-E Deluxe nForce4 chipset motherboard

Revision 1003 BIOS

PCI-Express x16 graphics with Nvidia GeForce 6600 256MB graphics card

2GB of RAM

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ CPU Socket 754

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum internal soundcard

2x 180GB HDD

1x Pioneer DVD RW Drive

1x DVD Rom Drive

I hope I haven't left anything out there and I apologise if this information has been posted previously but it is very hard to get a definitive answer as to which version of the new Leopard or Tiger operating systems will work best on my PC.

Thanks very much for any help given.

Hi, I have spent ages trawling through the various posts trying to find out what would be the best version of OS X to get for my current desktop PC setup. I have:

Asus K8N4-E Deluxe nForce4 chipset motherboard

Revision 1003 BIOS

PCI-Express x16 graphics with Nvidia GeForce 6600 256MB graphics card

2GB of RAM

Windows XP

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ CPU Socket 754

Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 Platinum internal soundcard

2x 180GB HDD

1x Pioneer DVD RW Drive

1x DVD Rom Drive

I hope I haven't left anything out there and I apologise if this information has been posted previously but it is very hard to get a definitive answer as to which version of the new Leopard or Tiger operating systems will work best on my PC.

Thanks very much for any help given.

Hi,AfxTwn

One of my bro has the same mobo and VedioCard as yours,but he has K8N4-E SE & Sempron 3000+(SSE3),has succesully installed zephyroth AMD 10.5.1 and updated with ASU to 10.5.3 w/o EFI.He also gets Tiger 10.4.9 of uphuck smoothly and xXx 10.4.11 ,as well.

If you wanna get Leo of zephy,you can install it an boot with -x to safe mode and delete all NV* & GeForce* from the extensions folders cos zephy's 10.5.1 only has 8800GS driver,after that you can try to install Titan or NVinstaller,NVinJect to

get QE CI.I did NOT know if the EFI will wroks,cos Sempron got instant reboot after EFI_8 initialized(boot from DVD or HDD)

--If your Athlon has luck you can even try zephy's 10.5.2 r1 or r2 w/ EFI_8 and update to 10.5.3.

U do NOT need to worry about Audio cos it will get it right AFTER FRESH INSTALL.

The o-board NV Net maybe malfunction after driver installed (kernel panic after using Torrents for long time.etc),you can buy any RealTech 8139 to get fully working network---trust me.it DO NOT need any 3rd party driver!

I have helped a lot of my friends to get OS X working, all I mentioned b4 is the one really similar to u in hardware.As for HDD,you need to get Leo in the IDE one and right after or b4 WinXP in the Disk Partition.If u install it at another HDD,u can use Acronis OS Selector to boot both!

If u have further questions u can visit:forum.infinitemac.com or leo4all.uni.cc to get help,or you can send PM to me.

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ZarathustraKael,

I have the same motherboard. I tried allmost every version of patched OS X fro 10.4.3 to 10.5.2. Kaliway, JaS, Brazile, zephyroth ect. But no luck; I couldn't get further than a grey display with Apple logo in the middle, normally it just stucked at boot display (a kind of DOS).

Can you tell me what the configurations of you friend's K8N4-E Deluxe? Bios settings, SATA or PATA hard disk, SATA or PATA DVD player ect. Thanks

My spec:

K8N4-E Deluxe with bios 1010

AMD sempron 2800+

2x 512MB DDR400 memory

ASUS EN7300GT Silent 256MB

WD 80GB PATA hard disk

Lit On DVD PATA burner

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for the tip.I had tried without success previously to install various versions of hackintosh on my asus K8N4E-Deluxe.I updated my bios to 1011.003 beta

my specs are:

amd anthlon 64 3200+ running at 2.42 ghz (overclocked.stock speed is 2.2 ghz)

2gb ddr 400 ram

80gb sata hard drive

pioneer sata dvd-rw drive

Lite-on IDE cd-rw drive.

i downloaded the ideneb 10.5.5 version and i was able to install it successsfully.It woudn't detect my cd-rw drive but everything else works out of the box.

Hi fanicco77 or macxtreme,

I have updated my bios with 1100-003 and also got ideneb v1.3 10.5.5. But I still can't install OS X with my Asus board. I have also tried with different version of OS X, Tiger and Leopard. One thing I have discoverd is to connect the HD and DVD-ROM at Primairy IDE (IDE0); HD as Master and DVD-ROM as Slave. Boot with command -x -v -f after F8. Result: I can get blue display and a spinning ball. Not further.

Can you give more details of your settings? Like bios settings, which commands while booting, how the hardwares are connected and so on.

Thanks

Hi fanicco77 or macxtreme,

I have updated my bios with 1100-003 and also got ideneb v1.3 10.5.5. But I still can't install OS X with my Asus board. I have also tried with different version of OS X, Tiger and Leopard. One thing I have discoverd is to connect the HD and DVD-ROM at Primairy IDE (IDE0); HD as Master and DVD-ROM as Slave. Boot with command -x -v -f after F8. Result: I can get blue display and a spinning ball. Not further.

Can you give more details of your settings? Like bios settings, which commands while booting, how the hardwares are connected and so on.

Thanks

I have never had any luck using ide drives with hackintosh on this motherboard.I am using a sata hard drive and sata dvd drive.My dvd drive is attached to sata port 1 and the hard drives in any other sata port.I didnt need to boot with any command switches but i realised after installation and succesful booting that if i overclocked my processor above a certain level,i would get kernel panics or woudnt be able to boot past the grey apple loading screen.I had to set the bios to the default settings.I also suggest using a usb keyboard and mouse instead of a ps/2 version.