Leo4all 10.5.2 display & network

sirup

3 posts in this topic

After I was so stupid and killed the well configured Kalyway with the update to 10.5.3 I tried a new set up and failed with kalyway. Found that Leo4All does it a little bit better for AMD CPUs and I'm up with it.

I switched to my native language, which isn't English, for the record. But two things puzzles me.

It's a Acer T180, AMD Athlon x2 4400+, nvidia Mainboard MCP61, equipped with an ATI RADEON HD2400x.

Even after installing the up to date natit.kext I still can't change the display resolution to the native 1280x1024 but stuck on 1024x768 pixels. The hackintosh still only offers 1024x768 as only choice. I guess I missed the .kext hack. Where to look?

And some very very strange thing happens with network. I _can_ connect to the internet as you can read this. But I can't connect to any server in my local net. The server connection dialog always complains that I haven't typed in a correct protocol identifier (i.e. afp:// or smb:// ...) but even complains about it, when I only enter the IP and the dialog alters the IP with the correct (afp://) protocol part before it.

Any hint to that?

• 4 months later...

You know what, I'm totally resurrecting a DEAD thread here, but that networking issue is also apparent on my PC. It wouldn't display any network shares in Finder (except occasional Windows ones), connections would drop, and OS X machines trying to access my PC using AFP would see the share disappear upon attempt. Windows SMB sharing would work sporadically.

The only way to get it to connect to anything/anything to connect to it was to use the IP of the device in question. I heard from someone this was a fault in Leo4Allv3, a comma missed in some code somewhere or something. Nobody has ever confirmed this?!

Even updating from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4 did nothing.