Low FPS because of AMD processor?

BartNijland

12 posts in this topic

I'm running Leopard fine now with a AMD 6000+ and a 8800GT.

But the only problem is, gaming performance sucks ass, it's really slow (and by slow i do not mean 10,20 FPS but 1,2 fps). I got everything enabled and used the official 8800GT driver (with some tweaks that i found here) to install. My XBench is 155 (which is kinda low for a such a good vid.card).

My question is: will a Intel processor solve this problem?

The tutorial cleary said that I needed to use the left DVI port else it wouldn't work, so i'm sticking to that.But the weird thing is, simple 3d games like Chess run really slow too so is it some kind of openGL issue ?Weird thing is that games like Chess are slow too (when rotating the camera). So maybe it's a openGL issue?

i read that you refused to try the other port simply based on a tutorial telling you not to. your computer your blow up or anything if you just swap ports, its called 'troubleshooting'.

your card agp or pcie? agp will be slow.

8800gt only comes in PCIE. Plus, even if it was AGP, it's running an x2. AGP really isn't a big bottleneck, the biggest bottleneck is the platform AGP is being used for, like old Pentium 4s and Athlon 64s. AGP hasn't been maxed out yet in bandwidth really yet, and PCIE x8 hasn't at all either.

my suggestion use LEO4ALL V3

I run Leo4All v3 on another AMD rig of mine, I haven't had any problems with it either.

But to the question, no an intel processor won't fix it completely. It could just be compatibility issues, which the intel cpu wouldn't fix it, it would just replace the issue to where it's not a problem.