Blue Screen after 10.5.3 update & NVinject

deba

10 posts in this topic

Upgraded to 10.5.3 usiing the kalyway combo update, evrything seemed to work ok. But when I tried to run Final Cut Pro, which was working before, it said I had below minimum hardware requirements and had 0 vram!. So I thought the update might of crroupted my NVinject driver or something so reloaded them. After reboot now all I get is a blue screen & mouse pointer, nothing else. Tried with -v -x samething. How can I reload the drivers?

Thanks!. :)

You can force to reload the drivers with the -f option, but as far as I remember you should also use the new version NVinject (2.1 if I'm correct) which is compatible with 10.5.3 OR you should modify some value in your current version of NVinject to make it work in 10.5.3, which is explained in this thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=107899

Also if you can't boot no more in Leopard, try booting with -s option (single user) and try modifying you NVinject or replacing it from there...

Good luck,

Dabla

Thanks for advice dabla,

But know I have tried EVERYTHING and I still get just BLUE SCREEN & MOUSE POINTER!.

as i only have access to the system via -s option how can I install .pkg files?. really need some help with this need access to my system as I have work to finish. I swear in a couple of months I'm gonna just get a mac pro, this is now becoming a hassle.

ANY HELP ANYONE PLZ!

Thanks for advice dabla,

But know I have tried EVERYTHING and I still get just BLUE SCREEN & MOUSE POINTER!.

as i only have access to the system via -s option how can I install .pkg files?. really need some help with this need access to my system as I have work to finish. I swear in a couple of months I'm gonna just get a mac pro, this is now becoming a hassle.

ANY HELP ANYONE PLZ!

Can't you just remove the nvinject.kext (or maybe beter move it outside the Extensions directory so it won't be loaded) and clear kext caches and reboot? Normally you should then boot in VGA mode, maybe from there you can then install the newer nvinject...

What version of the nvinstaller are you using? v41... v51... v52? If you delete nvinject.kext, clear the extension cache, and let the machine sit at the blue screen for 5 mins or so does it finally finish booting? What kernel are you using? Are you using the proper system.kext for that kernel?

Try providing some information if you want help.

vaporATX, I was using nvinstaller v41 I have deleted all reference NV drivers cleared extension cache, my system.kext is correct and i'm using vanilla kernel. It sits on blue screen left it for more that 15-30mins nothing. I dont understand what else could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
PROBLEM SOLVED:-

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ApplicationEnhancer.bundle

reboot

:D

awesome work, can't thank you enough =D

just did a fresh install and loaded up a {censored}load of apps on first boot, rebooted then blue screen with mouse pointer. had no idea what could have caused it.. all thanks to the last comment;

Ahh the old APE strikes again. Stay away from the APE. It even screws up REAL Mac machines. ;-)

and knowing i just installed APE... I knew this fix was for me =) cheers again!

Funny thing. I thought I had the blue screen because of the NVinject but the problem was not solved. This error only occurred after I installed the paragon NTFS for Mac OS X (version 6.5). I cant seem to find the file so that I can uninstall it. Any suggestions?