com.apple.Boot.plist not found errors fixed by Chameleon

zef

48 posts in this topic

As it is stated in the topic i've released two small ppf patches both for Kalyway's 10.5.2 and Leo4Allv3 images.

These patches are just replacing the Darwin cdboot (30 sectors large counted with 2048 bytes block size) at the beginning of the images (sector 28 in Kalyway 10.5.2 and sector 26 in Leo4All v4).

There's a myth floating around with JMicron chipset + IDE optical drive "incompatibility", but i wanted to know more about the whys with well-known com.apple.Boot.plist not found error. Since it happens with recent Intel desktop boards also with AHCI enabled SATA drives - connected to ICH9R i have no doubts that this must be some stupid issue with the Darwin loader.

Read the details and get the ppf patches at Chameleon's HQ :D

Any feed-backs are very welcome :P

Thx,

zef

Thanks a lot! I had tried using 5 different DVDs and got the same error. So mostly this will fix my problem.

But, How do I use this Patch? Could not find patching instructions on Chameleon's website.

What system do you have currently? Windows, OS X, Linux? You can find an Utils folder in the zip file and there are the necessary tools for applying the ppf patch.

What system do you have currently? Windows, OS X, Linux? You can find an Utils folder in the zip file and there are the necessary tools for applying the ppf patch.

Notebook Config is as follows:

TOSHIBA Satellite M45-S351

Windows XP Home Edition

Intel Pentium M (Centrino),

Intel 915 Chipset.

100 GB HDD, 2 Gig RAM (DDR 1),

2 MB L2 Cache, Intel 2200 WiFi.

Marvell Yukon Ethernet Controller.

I have already tried the following DVDs:

Tiger

• XxX 10.4.10 - Intel SSE2/SSE3
  • Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD Intel SSE2 SSE3 PPF1 + PPF2]

Leopard

• iATKOS 2.0i
  • Kalyway 10.5.2
  • Leo4All version 2

All of them show the same message on booting. "/com.apple.Boot.plist not found."

I have tried F8 and "-v" but I get the same message.

Ok,

After you extracted the Kalyway-10.5.2-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.zip navigate to Utils folder and also extract pdx-ppf3.zip.

Now open pdx-ppf3\ppfgui\WINDOWS\PPF-O-MATIC3 folder and open the patcher application called ppf-o-matic3.exe.

In this app you can specify an ISO - in our case Kalyway's 10.5.2: Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso and the patch file: Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.ppf

Then press the apply button and burn the patched ISO.

Ok,

After you extracted the Kalyway-10.5.2-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.zip navigate to Utils folder and also extract pdx-ppf3.zip.

Now open pdx-ppf3\ppfgui\WINDOWS\PPF-O-MATIC3 folder and open the patcher application called ppf-o-matic3.exe.

In this app you can specify an ISO - in our case Kalyway's 10.5.2: Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso and the patch file: Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd-Chameleon-1.0.11-JMicron-fix.ppf

hi there

i also had the same problem and i did the same thing as you have commented above but now i get a blank screen moreover the boot from cd option is also not displayed

my system configuration is as follows....

processor--> intel®core2 duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz

instructions--> MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,EM64T

motherboard--> intel(DG33FB model)

cache(L2)--> 3 mb

BIOS--> intel corp

RAM--> 2 GB DDR2

HDD--> 250 gb sata

graphics card--> 256 mb nvidia GEforce 7200

hi there

i also had the same problem and i did the same thing as you have commented above but now i get a blank screen moreover the boot from cd option is also not displayed

my system configuration is as follows....

processor--> intel®core2 duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz

instructions--> MMX,SSE,SSE2,SSE3,SSSE3,EM64T

motherboard--> intel(DG33FB model)

BIOS--> intel corp

I guess your image burning process was not successful, it happens sometimes. Could you pls provide your patched ISO's md5? Total Commander can calculate md5 checksums for example. The patchesimage should have this md5:

c72b94ba5bbcd300d3885b5350d11819 *Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Bye,

zef

I guess your image burning process was not successful, it happens sometimes. Could you pls provide your patched ISO's md5? Total Commander can calculate md5 checksums for example. The patchesimage should have this md5:

c72b94ba5bbcd300d3885b5350d11819 *Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.iso

Bye,

zef

hey bro i installed the total controller but dont know how to calculate the md5 checksum.....

by the way wat is meant by check sum........

hey bro i installed the total controller but dont know how to calculate the md5 checksum.....

by the way wat is meant by check sum........

Select the file, then open Files menu and select Create CRC Checksums. Make sure that you have enabled the md5 checkbox.

Select the file, then open Files menu and select Create CRC Checksums. Make sure that you have enabled the md5 checkbox.
well dude here is the checksum...cea5323d7b41af7a5810ab4760bde106 *Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.isothe two checksums don't match.....now pls give me a right patch for my kalway 10.5.2 iso file which supports my system configuration......and also the right procedure for patching them

well dude here is the checksum...cea5323d7b41af7a5810ab4760bde106 *Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd.isothe two checksums don't match.....now pls give me a right patch for my kalway 10.5.2 iso file which supports my system configuration......and also the right procedure for patching them

Sure, the patch is for the ISO image which has the md5 sum: e03af401cc9e0baab1401199170ddf99 before applying the patch. The procedure is also posted here in this topic.

You're welcome ;)

well u mean to say dat i need to patch it again??????

cos i patched the my iso file with the above patch and den took the checksum....

No, i'm saying that you patched some other ISO and not the one what this patch is designed for ;) Since i can't post links here, you must find it for youself. I gave the original checksum for a good starting point which one do you need.

I tried each of the patches, the leo4all3 just did the hard reboot thing it always does, and the kalyway still freees at this point:Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386

I switched my bios sata1 control form both AHCI to IDE, which other than the execute disable [enabled] my bios doesn't have alot of options [acpi].

any other mods anyone might suggest, Im looking to learn more about getting this to work

kenny

PS when I loaded modbinkernal as well as the -v -s -x, it has hung on same as above string.

I tried each of the patches, the leo4all3 just did the hard reboot thing it always does, and the kalyway still freees at this point:Darwin Kernel Version 9.2.0: Sun Mar 2 00:11:08 SCT 2008; made by ToH:xnu-1228/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_386

Ok. these issues are far beyond the Bootloader's territory. My ppf patches are just replacing the cdboot in the images with Chameleon 1.0.11's cdboot but nothing more.

What hardware do you have?

Is there any other PPF software other than the one in the zip file?

It just won't run on my Dell! I can load the ISO, but as soon as I click on the button to point to the patch I get a software fail!?

StiCMAN

It just won't run on my Dell! I can load the ISO, but as soon as I click on the button to point to the patch I get a software fail!?

Never experienced such issues with ppfomatic. Btw you can use the command line version under OS X, search for the ApplyPPF binary. It is ppc only but it should be ok.

Never experienced such issues with ppfomatic. Btw you can use the command line version under OS X, search for the ApplyPPF binary. It is ppc only but it should be ok.

This ApplyPPF says it's intel.

I honestly don't remember where I got it, so please excuse me if it's someone's code.

anyhow, it works for me.

ApplyPPF.zip

Is there any other PPF software other than the one in the zip file?

StiCMAN

I think the way around this if I remember correctly is to find the iso, then right click and select 'open with'. Choose ppfomatic. Then once ppf is loaded you can choose the patch file without crashing. I think Munky came up with this fix ages ago, worked for me.

Ok,

Ok. I verified the MD5 checksum of the iso (It matched) and then Patched it and again noted the MD5 checksum. (It matched).

Now, after booting, it get the following screen:

2586178413_e2008bc099.jpg

I get the same screen when I press F8 and use "-v" command.