Noob - are this setup a good choice?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to all this, but i've spent a few days bouncing around the net, and I think (fingers crossed) this setup will work.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Se...&CatId=2405

The motherboard: Intel DG31PR (should be compatible, according to the wiki)

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz (should be compatible, but will it recognize all the cores?)

Basically, I'm just groveling in hopes someone can look at this setup and verify that it will work with my Kalyway 10.5.2 disc. This is my first shot at doing this, so I don't want any major disasters! Any help would be greatly appreciated, or if I somehow bungled this post and put it in the complete wrong spot...don't beat me up :D

• 1 month later...

DG31PR worked great for me with a 3.0 Ghz E8400, Q6600 should work like a charm too. Just check the compatibility on the wiki. Found a little bug on the network card, it was working at all times. Just reinstalled kext and worked fine.

I used Kalyway 10.5.2, just check the correct boxes and boom!.

By the way audio works fine, but in my case i have to manually select audio output, when using headphones or speakers. Anyone?

P.S. 3100 On board graphics are trouble. I bought a NX8800GT and it's awesome.

That setup will work great. I've used the DG31PR for a Hack build and it's one of the best mobos for OSX. Very stable. And you can't go wrong with the Q6600- yup, all 4 cores will be recognized. And Kalyway works fine.

That's a good ready-made setup for a Hackintosh, so have at it!