Starcraft Carbon doesn't start

Flashlab

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have installed Starcraft with the Blizzard downloader succesfully on my Hackintosh, but never had the game to start. When I click the game icon I get the pop-up menu and after clicking "ok" the mouse pointer is placed more to the left screen corner and then the icon just disappears from the dock and then nothing happens.

I have tried this on Kalyway 10.5.1 and with the update to 10.5.2 and 10.5.3. Als tried on iAtkos 10.5.2; same behaviour. I use a P5W DH Deluxe (JMicron disabled), 2Gb RAM and a Geforce 8600GTS 512Mb with NVInstaller 0.53; tried with .34 too; no difference.

Anyone know what I can try next? Maybe it has to do with 8-bit screenmodes? I don't have those in my screen preferences.

Starcraft and Diablo2 will not work on OSX if you have 10.5.3 installed. If you also had 10.5.3 nvidia drivers or 10.5.3 opengl.framework on an older system, it likely wont work either.

Starcraft and Diablo2 will not work on OSX if you have 10.5.3 installed. If you also had 10.5.3 nvidia drivers or 10.5.3 opengl.framework on an older system, it likely wont work either.

Ah ok. I googled around a bit now and see that it's probably an 8-bit screenmodes problem Blizzard or Apple can't or won't fix. It's an old game after all. Good side about a hackintosh is that I can run Windows as well!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

^Same happens to me and its pissing me off! i want to play mulitplayer game today but i can't get the game installed! so what i did was i installed it on another mac and copied it over. But then i get an error with something to do with carbonlib. its very frustrating.

• 9 months later...

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and got the same pb, SC (carbon) never start on my 10.5.8 OS X, and each time my mouse cursor comes to the up left corner of the screen before the app quit, even after the option popup deactivated and now i can't get back the option pop up, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (where's the plug 'n play time ?)

Please i need some help.

Thanks in advance to everyone