Attacked on Another front: Global Warming

16 posts in this topic

What's with you and Al Gore. We can all care less about him since he's a rich politician who could secretly care less. We as a people need to stand up and fight this cause united damn it, because listening to others trying isn't good enough and it's shortening our time here as the human race. Give up the luxuries and fix this or die out eventually. Oh no, actually, let's wait for Al Gore to pull another idea from his ass. :superman:

Whoever want's to doubt me better have the facts to back it up.

/rant

All I know is that its June in WA state and we havent seen the sun or temperatures above 55 degrees since mid-may. For those of you unfamiliar with Washington's weather, it is VERY MILD, it rains a lot up here, but even in the winter, temperatures remain around 40-50 degrees F with spurts of cold and warmth. During the summer however, it is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's with rain breaks every week or so. Or at least that has been the pattern since I was young.

The last 3 years though have been the same, its as if its fall/early winter all year round. 3 years strait of this with only minimal sunlight (one day every few weeks) is starting to take its toll on me emotionally. I just need 1-2 months of summer and I will feel energized the whole winter, not even this has been happening up here. It could be a coincidence, but I think we are altering weather patterns, whether it leads to warming or cooling or whatever, it doesn't matter, if its changing, some unpredictable things are going to happen. This poses a problem when one starts talking about food production, etc.

And seriously...Al Gore is cool but environmentalists do not consider him god, and global climate change was around before he started talking about it. A lot of people feel the same way, talking about Al Gore so excessively only weakens your argument.

All I know is that its June in WA state and we havent seen the sun or temperatures above 55 degrees since mid-may. For those of you unfamiliar with Washington's weather, it is VERY MILD, it rains a lot up here, but even in the winter, temperatures remain around 40-50 degrees F with spurts of cold and warmth. During the summer however, it is supposed to be in the 70's and 80's with rain breaks every week or so. Or at least that has been the pattern since I was young.

The last 3 years though have been the same, its as if its fall/early winter all year round. 3 years strait of this with only minimal sunlight (one day every few weeks) is starting to take its toll on me emotionally. I just need 1-2 months of summer and I will feel energized the whole winter, not even this has been happening up here. It could be a coincidence, but I think we are altering weather patterns, whether it leads to warming or cooling or whatever, it doesn't matter, if its changing, some unpredictable things are going to happen. This poses a problem when one starts talking about food production, etc.

And seriously...Al Gore is cool but environmentalists do not consider him god, and global climate change was around before he started talking about it. A lot of people feel the same way, talking about Al Gore so excessively only weakens your argument.

It's the same here in the California Bay Area, it's been cold ever since spring. It's only been above 75º 2 days since March, one of those days was yesterday. I can't say I'm complaining though, I love the cold weather and I would love to have it be 75º instead of 100º.

It's the same here in the California Bay Area, it's been cold ever since spring. It's only been above 75º 2 days since March, one of those days was yesterday. I can't say I'm complaining though, I love the cold weather and I would love to have it be 75º instead of 100º.

100˚ ;)

Water boils at that temperature!!! :(

Damn! That weather sounds fantastic, in Florida is ridiculously hot from April-October :(

Not everyone uses your King's measurements.

EDIT: Originally, those units were brought on by one, King George.

Actually, what he is referring to is the metric system. It began its long journey in 1587 with a Flemish Mathematician named Simon Steven with his pamphlet called "the tenth", wanting to create a system of measurements that was 10 base, so there would be no conversion tables, etc.

OUR system is used by both us, and the African Country of Liberia, which was established by us.

OUR system is the old Imperial system. So your statement is incorrect, it should go:

Not everyone uses your past king's measurements, but we do!

:dev:;):D:hysterical::hysterical:

WHAhaha! that should shut him up for a minute or two!! He's probably now going to look for something else he can blame on Al Gore!

SticMAN

Actually, what he is referring to is the metric system. It began its long journey in 1587 with a Flemish Mathematician named Simon Steven with his pamphlet called "the tenth", wanting to create a system of measurements that was 10 base, so there would be no conversion tables, etc.

OUR system is used by both us, and the African Country of Liberia, which was established by us.

OUR system is the old Imperial system. So your statement is incorrect, it should go:

Not everyone uses your past king's measurements, but we do!

The celcius scale was invented by Anders Celcius, a Swedish Astronomer :rolleyes:

$hit, wow, I got off to a tangent on the metric system when I really should have been focusing on Celcius. I think when JontheSavage said measurements, it flared off the metric system in my brain, hehe.

In referal to one of his other "informative" posts, Killbots,

maybe with that flare you should go into "kill mode"!?

KILL KILL KILL KILL KILL x 200 then -1= 999 then you should shutdown!

S

$hit, wow, I got off to a tangent on the metric system when I really should have been focusing on Celcius. I think when JontheSavage said measurements, it flared off the metric system in my brain, hehe.