Best Webservices

11 posts in this topic

I was thinking of the Macbook Air, and how fast I could use 80GB. That got me thinking of alternate ways to do common tasks and webservices which would allow me to do those. I was curious if you used any webservices, and how useful you found them. And if they cost money. Oh yeah, that. ;) These don't have to be insanely huge services also, it could be as simple as making pictures have round edges. As long as I don't have to download a program.

Google Documents - Online productivity suit. (Free)

Blogger - Free blogging service. (Free)

Round Pic - Want Round edges? Don't know how? Use this! (Free)

Adrive - 50 Free GB of storage. Haven't had a problem with it yet! (Free)

Photobucket - Picture sharing! (Free)

**Edit**

Forgot: Zamzar - Online conversion of a boatload of files. (Free)

Web-based email: Gmail - It is the best. (Free)

Pandora - Online Radio, with an awesome twist. If you haven't already, check it out! (Free)

So, what do you use?

Some more for the list. Keep adding people, this isn't just me! I want a complete list. I am also curious about webservices for uploading and listening to your music anywhere, (videos got covered by YouTube).

Mozy - Backing up files, Linux or Mac. 2 GB free.

Weebly - Newbie Website Making. Not for advanced users.

Media Master - A free (at the moment) service for uploading music and listening to it from any computer, or some mobile devices.

If you know of any other service that does a similar act, I would like to know, I am hunting for the best one.

Also, as for Adrive, I have never had a problem with it. Signing up was easy, and my account is fine. I use it for sharing music with friends (upload it and then put it in the shared folder) and for my hacked files which I don't want to find/make again. So, I use it for some of the dirtiest deeds, and I haven't had any problems with it. Upload speed is fine, and I'm sure for good ol' file storage it would have everything you need.

Also, as for Adrive, I have never had a problem with it. Signing up was easy, and my account is fine. I use it for sharing music with friends (upload it and then put it in the shared folder) and for my hacked files which I don't want to find/make again. So, I use it for some of the dirtiest deeds, and I haven't had any problems with it. Upload speed is fine, and I'm sure for good ol' file storage it would have everything you need.

Cool. Thanks for the input. :)

freehostia.com - A service that allows for you to host a website. But, I'm going to fight against 100mb on this one (I have tried both), and say that Freehostia is better. It allows for up to 8 subdomains, and you can have your own domain name. Or, 2.... if you want that many. It doesn't have many HTML editing options, so do the editing on your computer and upload it. More than that, you get a free SQL database, and you can automatically install many scripts, such as Forums (PhPBB2-3) Blogs, (Wordpress and other alternatives) and image galleries, (more too). They have good customer service for free accounts as well. I am totally thinking of upgrading to a better plan, just because they offer so much.