10.5.3 sse2 sse3 intel

JaS

72 posts in this topic

So it has been a while since I posted anything about the dvd I am making, where to start ....

Well most of the work has gone into sse2. I have been able to work with zef and kabyl to get efi emu Chameleon working with sse2. What that is saying is not sse2 that already worked with efi. but the sse2 boxes that would instant reboot. The issue was some fsb detection that has been worked out. What I did to help this was ask for a hardcoded Chameleon set to 100 fsb. after it worked kabyl added in the detection.

I have been working to test the rig and be sure support is up to snuff. As of now I have it working very well with gfx string and all.

Here is a pic to show the progress.

This new version of efi emulation will be on the dvd. Other then that is it just been plenty of packaging and testing the installer. I will post in this thread any updates.

Edit: So this is not an EFI Emulator. It is just Chameleon (Darwin boot loader) fake EFI solution.

post-1227-1213043051_thumb.png

Thanks, I have been busting my ass. I love to take a box that cant work and get with people in the community and end up with something like this. I could not be happier with the state of sse2 atm with my dvd.

I think an SSE2 testing ISO is a good idea. For example I have some hardware for testing:

- Geforce Fx 5200 (Palit)

- Intel PRO/VE 100 Network Card

- AC97 Audio

If someone interested in SSE2 testing please join the IRC, your help is very important!

Yes laptop nv already in. Laptop support on the whole is a bit thin atm.

I need some sse2 users to join irc and test the iso out. It will only contain the sse2 functionality of the dvd so anyone else need not apply, you wont get the support your looking for.

Hi JaS, great work !!! T'm waiting for the final (v3) too,

but have no ss2 hardware anymore to help you, sorry !!!

Kalyway and yours, are the best releases I tryied !!!

A great quality Label !

Hope final is very closer !

some bugs are still present ?

Guid Efi boot not installing/activating partition (blinking cursor) ?

10.5.3 breaking CE/QI on 7300gt even with nvinject ?

Thanks !

Laptop support on the whole is a bit thin atm.

Word. Seems to be a running theme across all distros.

I have a Gateway ML6720 Notebook. So, maybe I can help get a little more laptop support in order. I've tried various distros and ended up backing out on each one because I could never get the keyboard to work even after trying every solution on this forum, and what's the point of installing on a laptop if you have to carry a USB keyboard everywhere, right? In any case, if you do need the help maybe I could locate some problem areas somehow. In sound, graphics, peripherials, keyboard and whatever else I can find.

Here is some more progress with sse2. Set up Time Machine to backup over the network, and let it run over night. Here are the pics to show the results.

Everything went smooth and TM is working without issues.

I never had enough testers join irc for this sse2 test. So the sse2 testing will be done with all other testing when the iso is ready.

post-1227-1213198308_thumb.png

post-1227-1213198352_thumb.png

post-1227-1213198382_thumb.png

Hi JaS and everyone else.

I'm a newbie and were able to load Kalyway 10.5.1 on my notebook.

Did the Kalyway 10.5.2 update as well.

LOVE Apple Mac, it's a new world.

Always were a Windows fan.

Background why; Started when Apple II were launched, no Hard drive or floppy support ... only tape drive supported and .... DOS OS on IBM etc. etc

Now you know why Windows were tops in comparison, .... then.

I have a Toshiba L40 13G

Celeron M400 1.86GHz CPU

GMA 945 Display

1 Gid Mem

Internal and USB drives, USB hub, wireless internet .

All works accept wireless and mic.

What I'm really attempting to say; I would appreciate to be a sse2 tester, I enjoy challenges?

I know this is a bit out of the normal scope of dvd building but I have edited the nforce ata sources to boot from MCP 67 today, thats nforce pci sata in some laptops, device ids 0x056010de and 0x055010de.

Testing of this extension is under way and so far so good ( no more waiting for root device ).

I Will post the edited sources and kext when I am sure it is 100%