Kalyway Intel DG33FB installation problem.

dvguy

23 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I am trying to install Leopard kalyway on my Intel DG33FB with E6750 , 2GB RAM , 500 MB SATA wd hard disk.

After initial loading screen freezes at apple logo and nothing happens after it. I tried -v option also but it freezes after ACPI .

I am new to osx86.

Pls. help me.

Thanks

DVGUY

Hi!

I tried

-v -x -s -f

and it go ahead one step. but finally the mmsg was.

com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfiguration

has immediate dependencies on both

com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi

But it stops after that.

what does the switch '-s' used for??

Lemme try it out too!

Besides 'dvguy' you never told me what was the last message on the screen when the booting choked during installation. Actually I wanted to compare it with the message which I am getting.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109099

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=99692

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=75439

Thanks!

Hi!

I read more information on kalyway 10.5.1 and found the following things:

1.Install the latest bios from Intel

2. Set the SATA to AHCI

3. You must have PCi video card (disable onboard card )

Kalyway 10.5.2 patch is suitabel for DG33FB Mobo.

I didn't try it today but will let you know ASAP.

Please let me know if it help you.

Hi,

Lemme share this too:

1) Try the installation with a SATA DVD Drive, IDE drive doesn't seems to work.

2) The HDD should be plugged to first SATA port.

3) The latest bios from Intel causes some problem.

Bye and thanks for the support, waiting for others to reply!

Thanks in advance!

Tried what you said,

I read more information on kalyway 10.5.1 and found the following things:

1.Install the latest bios from Intel

2. Set the SATA to AHCI

3. You must have PCi video card (disable onboard card )

Kalyway 10.5.2 patch is suitabel for DG33FB Mobo.

I didn't try it today but will let you know ASAP.

Please let me know if it help you.

got the following message, still no sucess

waiting for boot volume with UUID 804603D3-83E9-36B8-AB8E-11501D1805D6

waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</Key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string id="2">boot_uuid_media</string></dict>

ACPI_SMC_CtrlLoop::initCPUCtrlLoop-pmCPUControl (PMIOCSETPSTATETABLE) returned 0xffffffff

from this error what I am getting is it is not able to find the boot device, there should be some way which some expert only can tell.

Still waiting for someone to help.

Thanks in advance, bye!

Just stumbled across this thread. Don't despair, it's possible - check out my sig, I've got the same board and multiple drives going with 5.2 & 5.3 via Kalyway 10.5.2 Intel_Amd distro and updated with the method reproduced in this link:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109044

Use MBR in the disk formatting, no luck so far with GUID. The Kaly updater didn't work for me.

The latest bios from intel is stable, I've been using it from the beginning. I've installed onto both SATA and ATA hds, no problem, set SATA to AHCI in bios. I tend to have better luck using the IDE optical instead of my SATA for installs. I did have the internal GAM3100 working under the 5.2 install in a fixed resolution but quickly put in the GPU. Onboard audio needs no patching for 2 channel stereo, I haven't tested the rest.

I had issues with the Kaly DVD just in the initial install getting it to boot as well then one time it magically worked and has every time since. -v -f generally gets things going. If you know your disk and partition #'s you can try this at BSD:

mach_kernel rd=diskXsY -v -f < hit enter>

where X and Y are your disk and partition. Hopefully this will get you a little further ahead.

The "com.apple.driver.ApplePCIConfiguration has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi" error is nothing to be concerned with, I get the same thing on my real Mac. Make sure you've installed the correct options from the install disk as well.

Also maybe try booting into the installer again, use Disk Utility to repair permissions on the hd you've made your install onto and try to reboot using the -v -f. Sometimes it takes a while for Leopard to "orient itself" after a install so give it a good 5 min before you hit that reset button. Once you've booted once it should be smooth sailing afterward but be prepared to have to noodle around with some kexts depending on what sort of other stuff you're putting in the box.

Good luck

Mobo: Intel DG33FB ...............................CPU: C2D E6550 @ 2.33Ghz............................ LAN: Reltek RTL8139D PCI

Video Card- EVGA 7600GT KO 256mb......... PSU: Antec EA500..........................................Memory: Kingston 800mhz 2GB x 2

Case: Silverstone LC17 HTPC................... WiFi: D-Link DWA-556 PCIx ...........................Optical: Pioneer DVR-109 IDE & Lite-On Lh-20A1L SATA

HDs: 120GB Seagate ATA, 250GB Seagate & 80GB Western Digital SATA, AHCI.................... OSX 10.5.3 via Kaly 10.5.2_Intel_Amd, Vanilla & XP Pro

Geekbench: 4124 / Xbench: 168.61.......... 2x Dell 1801FP monitors ................................ All blends in rather seamlessly with my NAD audio stuff

No silly lights or windows here.

Hi!

Still no luck.

Installation goes upto Gray Apple screen and freezes. No further activity. Nothing happens even if I wait for 15 min at that screen.

I feel that onboard graphic is creating problem.

My configuration is as follows:

Intel E6750 CPU

Intel DG 33FB MOBO

Using on board Graphics and sound.

2 GB RAM

Windows XP Pro on first ATA HDD(master),

300 GB ATA slave HDD

SATA port 0 500 GB WD HDD

SATA port 1 ASUS DVD

Does anyone has similar setup and have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 successfully?

thanks

Hey, dvguy

:) The wait finally over I was successfully able to install Mac OSX using Kalyway's 10.5.2 iso image :D . Two changes which were new to my system was:

1) removed my usb mouse & keyboard and used the PS2 one.

2) plug a new NVIDIA 8600 GT graphics card.

I think try the first one, by the way I used my IDE DVD Drive. Everything is just working fine, except the onboard LAN card. And one thing more boot with -v -f switch.

ALL THE BEST.

Thanks for replying the post.

Bye and HAPPY HACKINTOSH!

debu.sagii - no luck with on board LAN get a cheap realtek (= <$10.00) check the HCL or my sig for the model, then it's recognized native onboard (en0) when you disable the real onboard in bios.

The usb keyboard shouldn't have been a issue but who knows, I just read a post where a guy swears he got shutdown/rs working after installing the new Quicktime update. All those zeros and ones do mysterious things sometimes. ;)

dvguy - The fact that you can see the grey Apple startup screen means the GMA3100 driver is working but you won't be happy with it anyway, get a cheap graphics card and you'll have full ci & qe without sharing your ram. Did you boot from the BSD with the -v -f combo? This will let you see the progress of X loading and the information is pretty necessary for anyone trying to help you. If you're not seeing the BSD after bios hit F8 repeatedly to make it appear then try one of the options I mentioned above. If it's the gray screen that appears after your verbose command (-v) the it probably is the onboard video but typically you get stopped at the blue screen with video issues.

Mobo: Intel DG33FB ......................................... CPU: C2D E6550 @ 2.33Ghz.................... LAN: Realtek RTL8139D PCI

Video Card- EVGA 7600GT KO 256mb.................... PSU: Antec EA500..................................Memory: 4GB Kingston 800mhz (2GB x 2)

2x Dell 1801FP monitors.................................... Optical: Pioneer DVR-109 IDE & Lite-On Lh-20A1L SATA

HDs: 120GB Seagate ATA, 250GB Seagate & 80GB Western Digital SATA, AHCI...................... OSX 10.5.2 via Kaly 10.5.2_Intel_Amd, Vanilla & XP Pro

Geekbench: 4068 / Xbench: 168.61.................... Case: Silverstone LC17 HTPC .................. All blends in rather seamlessly with my NAD audio stuff

No silly lights or windows here ............................ Verizon USB720 EVDO & Cradlepoint CTR350 broadband router for wifi & LAN internet connections

• 1 month later...

Hi Debu and All,

I finally managed to install 10.5.2 successfully. It is working fine with dual monitor and also onboard sound card. Even "Line In " socket is also working. Now I am trying out different installation methods

Dvguy

My PC Conifg

C2D E4500

mobo = Intel DG33FP

2GB RAM

Mercury 8600GT with 256MB RAM

SATA DVD RW

IDE HDD

Microsoft Natural PS2 Keyboard

PS2 Logitech mouse

I am trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on this system. the system freezes at the language selection Screen. Keyboard and Mouse just don't respond. Does this has something to do with PS2?? or something else??

Hi Harkant ,

Have you tried -v -x at boot prompt?]

Also do u have onboard network card ? It will be better if you have pci network card.(doesn't cost much now a days)

Usually 10.5.2 and 8600 GT is good combination.

I will read your mobo specification and then will try to answer question.

DVGUY

Hi,

I have a DG33FB motherboard and here's my situation, I have the kallyway 10.5.1 dvd and an sata dvd burer, but my hard disk is IDE... when I boot the dvd, loads fine with vanilla kernel, but it does not recondnise my IDE HDD at all... what should I do, which boot dvd do I need?

Thanks

Jccool

Hi!

Is DVD set to AHCI mode or IDE mode? If DVD is in IDE mode then it must detect other IDE drives. During installation look out for errors. Usually it shows IDE drives during installation also.

Try -v option during installation.

I have 10.5.2 and is working fine for IDE.

DVGUY

• 9 months later...