System Profiler

MR2nice

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

I've been reading through the forum extensively and could not find a solution to my problem so I'm hoping that some experts can point me in the right direction.

My problem happened after I installed the NVInstallerV.41.pkg to fix the QE and CI issue. Now when I go to the System Profiler, I noticed that for some reason on the left panel where "Hardware" used to be has now changed to "SPHardwareDataType" and when I select the Graphics/Displays I see that it says "I Can Has Model?" I am using BFG Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT.

I've attached a screen shot below and marked my areas of concern in red. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks.

post-239924-1212722937_thumb.jpg

Hello,

I've been reading through the forum extensively and could not find a solution to my problem so I'm hoping that some experts can point me in the right direction.

My problem happened after I installed the NVInstallerV.41.pkg to fix the QE and CI issue. Now when I go to the System Profiler, I noticed that for some reason on the left panel where "Hardware" used to be has now changed to "SPHardwareDataType" and when I select the Graphics/Displays I see that it says "I Can Has Model?" I am using BFG Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT.

I've attached a screen shot below and marked my areas of concern in red. Hopefully someone knows how to fix this.

Thanks.

First of all your System Profiler looks messed up. Why is Network at the top? Its probably your SPPlatformReporter.spreporter if you did some editing. Restore the original.

Try older version of NVinject. Start with 0.1.3

Thanks guys for the fast reply. I started with 0.1.3 and then went to 0.1.5. Everything is working correctly now including the left panel now showing Hardware at the very top and my graphics/display now display the correct model. :lol:

You guys are awesome!! :thumbsup_anim:

post-239924-1212726104_thumb.jpg

Hi - been looking a bit to try and find answers, but so far no luck.. system profiler displaying unknown 3.2 GHz processor, and substantially less L2 cache than what I'm fairly sure my hardware is..

running Kalyway 10.5.1 (still reluctant to upgrade until I am more learn-ed), have an intel D945GNTL mobo, 3.2 GHz pentium 4 (640 or 641 not sure) with 800mhz front bus and 2MB L2 cache. In system profiler - says unknown and only 512 K L2 cache.. Is that just the profiler and do I need to be looking at Xbench results or other way to find out if things are running as smoothly as possible? Any suggestions would be more than welcome.. cheers-

Edit the file:

/System/Library/Extensions/nVInject.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and find where it says "Model" just change that to your Graphics card model ;)