Why was my post pulled?

8 posts in this topic

Hi (newbie here),

I posted a question yesterday about whether or not to try one of the more recent distros that are out rather than fighting with my initial choice (Uphuck 10.4.9,1.4i R3) on an older laptop (Pentium M,1.5GHz). Post was in the "New Releases and Updates" section, was titled "Should I switch distros?" and was gone within an hour or two.

I skimmed through as many of the forum rules as I could and read through the forum descriptions beforehand. I figured that was the proper place for the question.

Sincere apologies if that wasn't where it belonged, but not having any mention of why it was deleted makes me wonder if it's even worth trying to repost it.

-Thanks!

Hi (newbie here),

I posted a question yesterday about whether or not to try one of the more recent distros that are out rather than fighting with my initial choice (Uphuck 10.4.9,1.4i R3) on an older laptop (Pentium M,1.5GHz). Post was in the "New Releases and Updates" section, was titled "Should I switch distros?" and was gone within an hour or two.

I skimmed through as many of the forum rules as I could and read through the forum descriptions beforehand. I figured that was the proper place for the question.

Sincere apologies if that wasn't where it belonged, but not having any mention of why it was deleted makes me wonder if it's even worth trying to repost it.

-Thanks!

The new releases and updates section is for the people who actually develop these distros to let everyone else know that a new version of their distro is available to the public. You should try and repost it in one of the other OSx86 subforums.

Hi (newbie here),

-Thanks!

Post under one of the installation OSx86 threads. ;)

Post under one of the installation OSx86 threads.

Will do, and thanks both of you. Wish I had saved the post's text now. ;)

Take Care

--- shame there's not an "undecided" section in between the 10.4/10.5 install sections

I've PM'd you with the old topic so you don't have to re-write it all again.

Much thanks for that! I've been pretty busy today.

Running With Scissors- It appears I don't have permission to post in the main part of the install forum. Do I go with the 10.4 section?

Take Care

Must be different than the post installation forum in that case I would post it in 10.5 as people should be able to help you regarding installing leopard on your laptop.

Generally speaking though if your hardware works on Tiger it should on Leopard with the exception of QE/CI on a GMA900.

Good Luck