Removing OpenSSL

11 posts in this topic

Okay while installing Wine, I got a too up-to-date version of it for Wine and need to remove it, but everywhere on google when someone asks the response is: "OMG WTFXOR!!!1!! Y wood u remuve openssl?!? Its like used in EVERYTHING!!!! Don't do that nubzor!"

Well since I'm immediately replacing openssl, it won't be that big of a problem.......

Any ideas?

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-321761.html

If you mean OpenSSH, then:

sudo apt-get remove openssh-client openssh-server

Shouldn't break anything aside from your ability to ssh into / out of the machine.

If you really do want to remove OpenSSL, that will cause a lot of trouble with your machine. It will remove the ability of your machine to communicate with other machines using SSL - that's usually seen as a problem. If you still want to remove OpenSSL:

sudo apt-get remove openssl

Took me 5 seconds to find :P Hope that helps.

Already tried. I don't have apt-get command.

Well another one that I found required rpm, so I didn't install it, but now I'm going to and see if that will get it to work.

I'll report on it in just a sec.

Forgot to mention, I installed it from source.

Do a search with Spotlight or something for SSL or OpenSSL. BTW, why not just do an OpenSSL install right over your current install with Fink? You said that you were going to replace it anyway right?

True that....Hmmm the packages aren't showing up in Fink.... now to figure out ANOTHER part of this....Not to double post or anything, but this really is of totally different topic than my previous post. I STILL can't get this freakin Wine command to install......I don't know what it is, maybe my computer is still using the old OpenSSL, either way I cannot install the wine command, which is needed by my launcher script to run the app..... very frustrating.....So I'm pretty sure the main thing I have to do is to get the "h" version uninstalled off of my computer and get G installed.