Leopard Mac Wont Boot

13 posts in this topic

Hi there, after much pursuation i decided to install leopard mac on my machine which is a dell inspiron 531 (AMD X2 5600 - 250GB HDD - 2GB RAM) i think it has onboard graphics, lan etc. So once i installed it the OS tried to boot but it stuck at this screen:

DSC00239.jpg

So once again i asked a friend of mine what the problem could be he said try disabling the onboard Lan so i did that and even disabled on onboard HD Audio and then it sticks again but with a slightly different screen:

DSC00241.jpg

So after three installs and lots of messing about in the customize setting before you install the OS i have decided to come to the big boys :P for help, help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Nick.

Notebook @ Desktop...???If notebook..you might have to installed using external monitor

If Desktop..try using -x on Darwin Bootoader after you press F8. use the same method for notebook too. -x is for safemode.

Hope that help little

Hi there, after much pursuation i decided to install leopard mac on my machine which is a dell inspiron 531 (AMD X2 5600 - 250GB HDD - 2GB RAM) i think it has onboard graphics, lan etc. So once i installed it the OS tried to boot but it stuck at this screen:

DSC00239.jpg

So once again i asked a friend of mine what the problem could be he said try disabling the onboard Lan so i did that and even disabled on onboard HD Audio and then it sticks again but with a slightly different screen:

DSC00241.jpg

So after three installs and lots of messing about in the customize setting before you install the OS i have decided to come to the big boys :D for help, help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Nick.

What have you chosen to install?

Just tried the zeph version of leopard did not even get to the installation process then i tried the kalyway version that sticks at root device error and then tried the leo4all v3 and i get the same error as posted above, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Nick.

My suggestion..try using Leo4AllV3. This is the most fine version for me..Install a fresh Leo on erased partition or HD.

And please identify your hardware as chipsets, graphic, audio, network, wifi,..Choose right kernel...and remember to flags the partition to make it bootable..if you use 64Bit processor..then please check if the release of most Leopard version support your AMD cpu. and make sure it is SSE3 supported..if the problem remain..then all I can says is it might be your BIOS setting..(play with it)..or you MOBO does not support the Leopard release...Coz if this related to graphics..you'll get a blue or blank screen before installing LEO.

Hope I give you some clues to begin.

Hi mate, this is the specs:

Comp.jpg

It is version "nvidea chipset 6" i have been told, it has realtech audio, onboard nvidea lan, nvidea onboard graphics, 2GB DDR2 Ram, AMD X2 5600 CPU, 250GB HDD, Sata Dvd DL-DVD-RW. I have messed about with the BIOS settings with no luck the OS is booting ok just sticks on that screen (i can hear the first time installation sound in the background http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/download...pardOSError.avi )

Thanks,

Nick.