10.5.3 AHCI

VooD

15 posts in this topic

I posted about this same problem about my Bad Axe 2

but someone deleted my thread.

I have this exact problem going from iATKOS 1.0i to 10.5.3.

Some weenie even accused me of a newbie error

in my deleted thread.

Could we address this problem actually now?

same here (iATKOS 1.0i - 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3) ... I had to disable the AHCI mode in BIOS and switch to the IDE mode to boot in to the OS X.

But it has never been a problem before - not on a 10.4.X installation, and not even on a Leopard - until now.

same here (iATKOS 1.0i - 10.5.2 -> 10.5.3) ... I had to disable the AHCI mode in BIOS and switch to the IDE mode to boot in to the OS X.

But it has never been a problem before - not on a 10.4.X installation, and not even on a Leopard - until now.

Which southbridge are you using? ICH9R ?

The problem is this: I WAS VANILLA UNTIL 10.5.3 BROKE IT WITHOUT EXPLANATION!

I don't have some odd out-there mobo... I have BAD AXE 2 !!!

hi,

i had the same problem, used EFI, Vanilla 9.2.0 (not 9.2.2!!) and AHCI kext,

tried many times, several solutions (restored from TM every time),

evantualy solved it by restoring from TM, installed Leo4Allv3 on the same drive and partition, at "transfer user" stage selected from Time Machine backup, i have restored all users, applications, network and system settings (took about an hour), but the end result was a fixed 10.5.2 system with all my previous mac (didn't feel the change at all!) but this time update to 10.5.3 worked like a charm.

sorry, i didn't made a diff so i can't say what file you need to change, but at least you have a procedure to upgrade from 10.5.2 (that was based on iAtkos v1.0i 10.5.1)

hope this helps.

hi,

i had the same problem, used EFI, Vanilla 9.2.0 (not 9.2.2!!) and AHCI kext,

tried many times, several solutions (restored from TM every time),

evantualy solved it by restoring from TM, installed Leo4Allv3 on the same drive and partition, at "transfer user" stage selected from Time Machine backup, i have restored all users, applications, network and system settings (took about an hour), but the end result was a fixed 10.5.2 system with all my previous mac (didn't feel the change at all!) but this time update to 10.5.3 worked like a charm.

sorry, i didn't made a diff so i can't say what file you need to change, but at least you have a procedure to upgrade from 10.5.2 (that was based on iAtkos v1.0i 10.5.1)

hope this helps.

Probably is working for you because somehow your restores kept the ahci kext from 10.5.2 (check their version number)

Could you post your AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext ?

here's the AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext

that makes my 10.5.3 work with AHCI in BIOS on Bad Axe 2

Well, no surprises here, these are from an <10.5.3 version. What I really want to know is why suddenly AHCI no longer works with 10.5.3 kexts on ICH9R, and which other ICH models are affected. As far as it goes there's no longer a plugins folder inside IOAHCIFamily.kext and just one of the two <10.5.3 plugins is present now. Sadly I have not enough Os X knowledges other than trying things randomly which is not a good way for researching this kind of stuff.

• 5 months later...